Wrong Forum! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wrong Forum!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wrong Forum!

Postby Diablo13 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:50 pm

I am not sure if I have seen more wrong posts in this forum, or more posts in this forum telling people this is the wrong forum to post in. I suppose it then becomes a "chicken or the egg" quandary, but I have seen more posts/wrong post posts here than I have in a long time. Yeah, decipher that! lol...

In fact, I have been here nearly 2 years and I have never seen chatter like this. (yeah, I know I have only few posts...I usually observe w/o comment...but I have been a member for a while).

Seems like a polarizing soapbox has been created between moderators and the ever-posting rookies, or just plain ole' miscreants. A lot of stuff is posted here that doesn't belong....I concede.....however, there are a bunch of threads here that do regard to Fantasy Football Talk.....(most in my opinion)....despite the fact that one topic could be posted legitimately in three or four different forums....arguing the fact is like splitting hairs...whooooo cares!

The bottom line is that the FFC is being marketed well, based on the number of new applicants this year. The new guys try to get into the forums with the most people in order to increase the likelihood of a quick response. They don't know protocol. However, I understand the need to police some semblance of protocol. Bottom line, it seems like you mods are cracking down this year. I applaud your effort, but don't think it needs to be so deafening. Let a few ride.......

I know that I have the obligatory "Shut up" coming...so let me have it...LOL!

Just had to get my opinion out there.....

And by the way.......I Know!.......This thread needs to be moved to General Talk!...lol
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diablo13 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:40 am

BTW.....Mods
I commend you on being so responsive to all of the wrong forum threads....

Oh, and can you explain to me how to tell my 10 yr. old son why the F**king refs are screwing over the cowboys.

Hey! thanks for good samaritanship.....Way to keep it family friendly!!!!
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:37 am

I too would like to thank the Mods for keeping the place as ship-shape as they do. :-)

The Cafe is going to grow at an exponential rate...just look at the number of members. I think we get another 1000 every few weeks. It's hard to envision this happening until it does. Then, once it does, you start to realize what an undertaking it is.

Last year when I joined, there were quite a few posts in this forum and others that didn't belong there - and I'm sure I contributed to the "newbie" problem. This year with as many new members that we have, the posts are just going out of control. I didn't look at much of the actual forums today as I spent most of my time in the Chat Room (which was a very fun experience thanks to Turnip, Sling, Chef, Sweetness, and others), but from what I gathered from them was that there were lots and lots of posts "cluttering" certain forums today. It's to be expected during the first week, but hopefully it will be a little more organized next week with new members learning of the "Game Commentary" forum where most of the "wrong forum" FF Talk threads should have originated.

In the end, the mods can do whatever they want. If some things slide, so be it. If things get locked or moved, so be that as well. We have a great bunch of dedicated guys doing the moderation, and I'm glad that they take as much time as they do "cleaning up" our little "messes." It's not like they're getting paid for their services (unless they are, I have no idea), so it's nice that they give of their time to help out the Cafe. ;-D (^)

Final thought - Not to condescend, but isn't it odd that this thread is also in the wrong forum (should probably be in the Contribution, Site Question, Suggestion Box forum)? ;-) :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:30 am

http://www.mindlessforum.com/posting/

Different ...yet oh so the same.

Some of you should really take this to heart.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:51 am

You are very right. The fantasy football talk gets absolutely flooded with game commentary. Usually its the rookies, but even King Ghidra was guilty. :-b. Hopefully it won't be as bad as yesterday, but Im still planning to chat it up during the games. That is some good fun.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stikmata » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:06 am

they;re pretty strict in the baseball cafe... they seem to be more leanent here... especially with language ;-D
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:16 am

Diablo13 wrote:I am not sure if I have seen more wrong posts in this forum, or more posts in this forum telling people this is the wrong forum to post in. I suppose it then becomes a "chicken or the egg" quandary, but I have seen more posts/wrong post posts here than I have in a long time. Yeah, decipher that! lol...

In fact, I have been here nearly 2 years and I have never seen chatter like this. (yeah, I know I have only few posts...I usually observe w/o comment...but I have been a member for a while).

Seems like a polarizing soapbox has been created between moderators and the ever-posting rookies, or just plain ole' miscreants. A lot of stuff is posted here that doesn't belong....I concede.....however, there are a bunch of threads here that do regard to Fantasy Football Talk.....(most in my opinion)....despite the fact that one topic could be posted legitimately in three or four different forums....arguing the fact is like splitting hairs...whooooo cares!

The bottom line is that the FFC is being marketed well, based on the number of new applicants this year. The new guys try to get into the forums with the most people in order to increase the likelihood of a quick response. They don't know protocol. However, I understand the need to police some semblance of protocol. Bottom line, it seems like you mods are cracking down this year. I applaud your effort, but don't think it needs to be so deafening. Let a few ride.......

I know that I have the obligatory "Shut up" coming...so let me have it...LOL!

Just had to get my opinion out there.....

And by the way.......I Know!.......This thread needs to be moved to General Talk!...lol

Im no mod, but I did post some 'wrong forum' type posts in a couple threads, but then stopped when i realized EVERY thread was about what was going on in games.

The problem is that while talking about the game if fantasy foorball related, it completely floods this forum. You have 10 people talking about Q. Griffin in 10 different threads, and then a new one is made if he scores another TD, or if someone makes a good play. The Game Commentary forum is there for a reason and it should be used.

The biggest problem comes when someone wants to know some actual fantasy information. Anyone looking for news on the Charles Rogers injury, or what was up w/ Rattay or S. Alexander, either cant find a thread on the topic in the 1st 2 pages b/c sooooooooooooo many threads on games were started, or just post a new thread. So now we have multiple threads going on everything and its just a mess.

I dont even like posting in the fantasy football talk forum, b/c so many new threads are made every 5 minutes that anything i write wont even be read or a new thread will be made on the same topic. Or just in general half the threads are pointless or have been discussed to death

The mods do an excellent job here and their services are much appreciated, but it being the 1st week of the season, things are just going to get crazy. It would be impossible to move every thread to the correct forum, b/c they are coming in too fast.

In order for this forum to remain informative and true to its name, the members need to take a proactive approach and actually post threads in the appropriate forums, and use the search button to see if the topic has been discussed. I mean half the time there will be the EXACT same thread 2 down from the top, but people are too lazy to even look down the list.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk