Maddox vs. Leftwich - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maddox vs. Leftwich

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maddox vs. Leftwich

Postby NinersFAN » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:39 am

WHo do you think will perform better this year?

There were so many big expectations for Leftwich, but he played pretty terribly. Why is he such a sleeper anyway?

Maddox was efficent but again is allergic to the endzone.

I'm thinking both of these qbs are about equal, but i may be missing something.
NinersFAN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Maddox vs. Leftwich

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:47 am

NinersFAN wrote:There were so many big expectations for Leftwich, but he played pretty terribly. Why is he such a sleeper anyway?

I'm thinking both of these qbs are about equal, but i may be missing something.

I think he was expected to do well this year since his team had a nice run at the end of the year (especially the defense) and that he had another year to grasp the offense and connect with the receivers. The guy has athletic talent, but right now it seems like he's not playing to his potential. He didn't have a very good preseason or first game, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. As with all the starters for all the teams, it was probably the first 4 quarters of "real game action" that they've played for many months. The only thing I can see inhibiting him is the slow development of his other receivers outside of Jimmy Smith. If McCardell were still there, I bet he'd be a force right now.

As far as Maddox and him being equal, I'd say they would be too as long as Maddox is given time to throw. Leftwich can escape trouble with his speed; Maddox can not. Tommy also has better receivers (debatable now with the way Burress is playing), but he needs time to throw to them. I didn't think of drafting Maddox mainly because it looks like the Steelers are going back to a more run-oriented offense and that I don't think he's the greatest QB in the world (although the XFL might tell you differently). :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NinersFAN » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:16 pm

thanks, that helped shed some light on that for me
NinersFAN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk