Should I trade Trent Green and Corey Dillon for Kurt Warner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I trade Trent Green and Corey Dillon for Kurt Warner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade Trent Green and Corey Dillon for Kurt Warner?

Postby SacsCowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:52 pm

It is in a money league where you have to start 2 runningbacks PLUS 2 quarterbacks , not to mention there are 15 teams in the league . So quarterback is the most important position. You also start 3 wr and 1 flex wr/rb position. Scoring is 50 yards per point pass , 20 yards per running/catching and 6 for all touchdowns. My current roster contains Tomlinson and Mccalister , so Its not like RB would be weak after I lose Dillon , but my flex position would have to be filled with someone like Jones the Cardinals back. Should I do it ?
SacsCowboysFan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:14 pm

I think so. Usually I am all about the RB's, but you have two other solid ones. Do it and then try and pickup a sleeper RB if you can.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SacsCowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:22 pm

Thanks , the trouble is in a league so large with so many roster spots on each team there is about zero talent in free agency , but I will look and see what there.
SacsCowboysFan

Postby SacsCowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:25 pm

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... =RB&type=S

Thats all thats left at rb.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 675&mid=13

There is my roster. I am currently sitting in second after week one and am a favorite to win the league. Remember 15 teams huge rosters before judging me!
SacsCowboysFan

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:26 pm

If QB is as important as you say it is, you just answered your own question. You definitely want Warner on your roster. Last week was an aberration.

You will have to do more research and mine a sleeper RB/WR for your flex position.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SacsCowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:27 pm

oops those links dont work , but basically Lamont Jordan , Amos Zeroue , Jamal Anderson are the best backs available .
SacsCowboysFan

Postby SacscowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:30 pm

On my bench I currently have Trent Dilfer,Antonio Bryant, Thomas Jones, and Todd Pinkston. Thomas Jones would obviously become my flex guy , but I am starting have doubts about this trade , because I have a STRONG running game .

My starters right now are Vick/Trent Green at qb
Dillon/Tomlinson at rb
Morton/Glenn/Horn at wr
Chad Lewis at Te
Duece Mccalister at flex.

Is it smart to give away my biggest strength in runningback? Will Green have a decent year?
SacscowboysFan

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:45 pm

I understand your devotion to the running game (I have both Faulk and R Williams), but I think this trade will help you imensly. Thomas Jones is a pretty good RB, and that won't hurt you as much as Warner will help you. But don't do it if you think you will regret it.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:03 pm

Yes, I would say to do the trade. As far as a substitute at your flex position...if there are 15 teams in the leauge and most of the known talent is already taken, here's one that I'm sure you haven't heard yet. Javon Walker. Yeah, the rookie. He's now jumped to #3 on the Packers depth chart, passing Robert Ferguson. He's in the game for at least 50% of Green Bay's passing plays, and did you see him take Ray Buchannon to school last week on his touchdown catch? Did you see that seperation? He was in the back of the endzone before Buchannon knew what was going on. And Buchannon is supposed to be one of the leauges elite. Walker has the stuff champions are made of...and having Brett Favre tossing him the rock could only make him better.
Homefront Security

Postby SacsCowboysFan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:07 pm

LOL I know about Walker and he is already on someone elses roster. Thats why I took Antonio Bryant because he is starting and I was hoping Quincy Carter wasnt the worst qb in the league , but unfortunately it appears so.
SacsCowboysFan

Next

Return to Football Talk