Miami Knight(s) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Miami Knight(s)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miami Knight(s)

Postby slowkidz » Wed May 07, 2003 7:51 pm

Okay...so its one Knight....but Miami is lookin to make it official...

NFL.com wire reports

DAVIE, Fla. (May 6, 2003) -- Safety Sammy Knight, who made the Pro Bowl with the New Orleans Saints in 2001, received a free-agent contract offer from the Miami Dolphins .

The Saints decided against trying to keep Knight after last season, saying they wanted more speed at safety. In Miami, Knight would compete for a starting job with incumbent Arturo Freeman .

Miami coach Dave Wannstedt said Knight could learn the Dolphins' scheme quickly.

"He's one of the smartest players that we've had through here in free agency," Wannstedt said. "The learning part and him being ready to play would not be an issue.

"We'd like to have him, but we're not pressed. I think he would make our team better."

Knight's agent didn't return a phone call seeking comment.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed May 07, 2003 8:28 pm

a secondary of knight, marion, madison, and surtain?

shoooo-weee! 8-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Wed May 07, 2003 10:02 pm

terpfan wrote:a secondary of knight, marion, madison, and surtain?

shoooo-weee! 8-o

i shudder at the thought
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed May 07, 2003 10:10 pm

I truly despise the 'phins but this is one bad-assed secondary.Good news for our hometown Regulatorz should he sign.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Thu May 08, 2003 7:57 am

the contract isnt set in stone yet but it sure is looking closer and closer. this signing along with thte seau signing would propel them to #2 defense for sure. they are gonna rock if this pans out.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu May 08, 2003 8:16 am

I've almost always liked most def. players on Miami.....first Seau........how can anyone hate him..and now Sammy......ouch............now if they could just do something about those uni's.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu May 08, 2003 9:27 am

IMO...those four would be one the most potent secondarys ever assembled....miami may be the best D out there now...they will def challege all teams ...well those who deserve to be considered the best for the title of best D...( including but not limited too...TB, Philly, and yes NE).....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Thu May 08, 2003 9:54 am

I agree this makes an already strong group even stronger. Here are my top DE's

TB (duh) No doubt #1

Carolina
Steelers_ I like all three of these guys
Miami

Best of the rest

GB

Sleeper

Atlanta (good last year and a better o this year makes for the DE spending less time on the field)
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Top 2003 Defense

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu May 08, 2003 10:42 am

Top 2003 Defense:
#1 Bucs: Yes they lost Al Singleton & MVP Dexter Jackson, but they added DeWayne Rudd and alread have Smith who had (2) INT's in the S.B. himself. They will still be contenders.
#2 Steelers: They should recover from being bombed on. They always get their sacks and some turnovers. Added threat of Randle El returning some punts and kickoffs for td's.
#3 Ravens: They're back. With Lewis healthy and a better offense they should rebound. OLB in the 3-4 Terrell Suggs will create a lot of pressure and have a Peppers type of impact.
#4 Panthers: speaking of Peppers; the Panthers front four are one of the best units with Ruckers, Peppers and Jenkins. LB's are bad either. Coach Fox really turned around this unti last year and it should continue with the offense getting better.
#5 Dolphins: With the additions of Junior Seau and possibly Sammy Knight and the NFL sack leader Jason Taylor they will be tough again.
#6 Eagles: Lost Kirkland, Gardner, Bishop and Hugh Douglas, they have a lot to recover from. Jim Johnson will keep this unit functioning at a high level.

Sleepers: Falcons, Bengals, Cowboys and Saints.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Roseman » Thu May 08, 2003 1:34 pm

As someone said the deal isnt signned in stone there is a rumour that GB is also in the hunt for Knights services. If Knight does sign with the Fish then he would help make the Miami secondary even better but this looks like a win now or never move for the Fish. Marion is faceing retirement right in the face and even though none of the reaming three old none of them are spring chickens with Surtain being the youngest at 27, Knight 28 and Madison 29.

Not everone can be Darrell Green and still be effective at 40!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Next

Return to Football Talk