Jerry porter/jamal lewis, anyone watch the game?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry porter/jamal lewis, anyone watch the game??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerry porter/jamal lewis, anyone watch the game??

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:33 am

Porter: What happened? Was he just being covered well? Did they go to him at all in the red zone? Thanks.

Lewis: Was cleveland just that good? Did his o-line look awful? Any cause for concern?
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 am

someone watched the game, please post your thoughts....

Well this is great, no one helping out.

I noticed Jerry Porter was targeted 10 times, so that's a good sign, just shows either he was covered well or gannon wasn't delivering the ball. Only something someone who saw the game could tell me.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nublackshirts » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:51 am

Porter was pretty much blanketed all game. Although I think his numbers were more based on how poorly Gannon played. If it's any consolation, I started Porter, Burress, and Charles Rogers this week. Needless to say I am 0-1 to start the season.

Sorry but I didn't see the Baltimore game.
nublackshirts
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:00 am

nublackshirts wrote:Porter was pretty much blanketed all game. Although I think his numbers were more based on how poorly Gannon played. If it's any consolation, I started Porter, Burress, and Charles Rogers this week. Needless to say I am 0-1 to start the season.

Sorry but I didn't see the Baltimore game.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Hopefully someone who saw the baltimore game will show up. I really need NFL sunday ticket :(.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevster1 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:45 am

I will give some credit to the browns defense. They played 100 percent better than last year. They stacked the line, and dared Kyle Boller to beat them. Needless to say they should have picked up Kerry collins in the offseason. In my opinion they should have stuck with the run a little more. There were way to many 3 and outs, which will just Kill Running back stats from a fantasy perspective.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:34 pm

kevster1 wrote:I will give some credit to the browns defense. They played 100 percent better than last year. They stacked the line, and dared Kyle Boller to beat them. Needless to say they should have picked up Kerry collins in the offseason. In my opinion they should have stuck with the run a little more. There were way to many 3 and outs, which will just Kill Running back stats from a fantasy perspective.

Thanks for the input!
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tmandpimp » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:38 pm

that balt. game was rediculous....when lewis broke the record AND when he got 200+ vs the browns they pounded the ball with him. and even though the stats might show they did pound it and clevs d was just good that was not the case....in one word...ROLLOUT... good lord i saw boller roll out of the pocket and overthrow and throw the ball out of bounds at least 10 freakin times....the only reason why jamal got the carries that he did is because balt d would stuff cleveland every time causing them to have the ball alot....i have jlew and i tell ya what, kyle boller is taking this "i have to be the leader on this offense and step up" thing to freakin serious..
A> your not that good
B> even if you were all you have is heap
C> give lewis the BALL!!!
tmandpimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Trap » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:44 pm

If the Baltimore WR's do not step up expect more of the same. They stacked the line. Playaction wasn't working because the WR's were running terrible routes, dropping passes and not making plays.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:06 pm

I tried to mention this a few times last week, but noone really wanted to discuss it:

The loss of the best Olineman in the NFL - Jonathan Ogden - is going to hurt BALs ability to run. Period. CLE simply took advantage of a team that is still trying to recover from the loss of one of their most important players. They forced BAL to pass - something that didnt happen last yr because the D, the Oline, and JLew were good enough to ram it on the ground regardless of defensive scheme. Take one of those factors away - and it falls like a house of cards. Unless Ogden returns fully healthy soon, expect more of the same.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:09 pm

so... is it time to hit the panick button and deal him away?
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk