TE's on bad teams with bad receivers.. ie. SD/SF/Bal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE's on bad teams with bad receivers.. ie. SD/SF/Bal

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE's on bad teams with bad receivers.. ie. SD/SF/Bal

Postby Trap » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:39 am

Do you think they can outperform the WR's on their teams all season? Heap, Gates, and Johnson all posted very decent numbers yesterday.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dfer » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:34 am

Heap and Gates will probably end up the year being the best "wide receiver" on their respective teams. The only offensive players who will be competitive with them for receptions will be the running backs (Lewis and Tomlinson). The basic offensive scheme these teams are using is very similar to the one used in Kansas City- where the leading receiver is usually Tony Gonzalez.

However, it doesn't mean these guys are going to put up stunning numbers that will carry your team. Its awfully hard to dominate point-wise as a TE unless you play for a team that actually spends time in the red zone.

Johnson is more questionable. I think San Francisco would like to have an offensive scheme, but they're still trying to decide which one of their marginal talents is the least marginal. Maybe Dorsey will be revealed as a reincarnation of Dan Fouts. Maybe Barlow will start channelling Barry Sanders. Maybe Emilio Estevez will get sentenced to community service coaching the team and they'll learn about the values of tolerance and teamwork. Who knows?
dfer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Nohl » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:46 am

I'm expecting Randy McMichael (TE-Miami) to do well this season because of miamis lack of depth. Last week he got miami's only touchdown and also had 79 yards recieving. Personally i think this would be a smart choice if you are looking for a new TE that is underrated. I have also heard that Gates is a huge sleeper this year.
Nohl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Nohl » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:47 am

I'm expecting Randy McMichael (TE-Miami) to do well this season because of miamis lack of depth. Last week he got miami's only touchdown and also had 79 yards recieving. Personally i think this would be a smart choice if you are looking for a new TE that is underrated.
Nohl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:05 am

Johnson is the only one available of those three in my league. Right now I have Boo and Witten. I was hoping Witten could be my sleeper TE this year and I had heard that Dallas was gonna use the TE alot in their plans, but after 50 passing attempts and only 3 completions to the TE...i am a little curious if that is really whats going to happen. Boo also did pretty bad for me. Is Conwell really the #2? I mean, in my league the average pts per game for a te at #7 is 5, the guy at #30 is 3. so i guess it really doesn't matter right
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk