BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS

Moderator: Football Moderators

BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:37 am

This is my first year of doing fantasy football, and am an avid fantasy baseball player. Over on the darkside we always talk about buying guys low and selling them high. Who would be some of the prime canidates?

thinking maybe deuce owners would be down on their boy, or trent green owners might be a little worried. ALthough those are top names. What do you guys think.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trap » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:45 am

I'm selling Griffin cause I need WR's. I have Deuce and while I was disappointed I know its just one week. People get all kinds of excited. Just play smart and you'll be fine. No reason to panic yet.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:48 am

Just play smart and you'll be fine. No reason to panic yet.

Im not panicking, im trying to find people that are and who i could possible go after.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:53 am

Potential buy-low guys:

Deuce McAllister
Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor
Marvin Harrison
Santana Moss (although you should temper expectations for him)

I'd include Barlow, but I'm not high on him.

Potential sell-high guys:

Marshall Faulk (he'll still be injured in a week or two).
Daunte Culpepper
Donovan McNabb

(the QBs because they won't continue to produce at that high a threshold -- you can get a Pennington, McNair, etc. fairly cheap and majorly improve your team elsewhere by dangling Culpepper and McNabb's week one stats)
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:04 pm

Warpigs wrote:Potential buy-low guys:

Deuce McAllister
Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor
Marvin Harrison

Daunte Culpepper
Donovan McNabb

(the QBs because they won't continue to produce at that high a threshold -- you can get a Pennington, McNair, etc. fairly cheap and majorly improve your team elsewhere by dangling Culpepper and McNabb's week one stats)

You must be crazy putting C-Pep in with this group. Yesterday was just a prelude to what this guy is going to do this season. With that offense, he should be in the top 3 points/week guys. You can trade him if you want....you'll be sorry. I just wish I drafted him instead of Manning (Gotta stop reading all those so-called expert draft books before the draft....talked myself out of the pick :~(). Also gotta stop watching pre-season football games. I drafted L.J. Smith, but dropped him in favor of Witten after he had that monster pre-season game. Yesterdays numbers.....Witten 1 point....Smith 11 points :-t.
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:15 pm

Meshawn Johnson - his value might still be low if his owner hasent realized what he's got yet.

Dillon - he will get plenty of carries as the season progresses - that last game was NOT a good indicator of what to expect from him.

Holt - you might be able to sell the Bruce is Back line and be able to snag Holt relatively cheap.

FTaylor - JAX might need a bit more time to get that offense rolling this yr, but he is a very viable buy low candidate.

JLewis - if you can get him pretty cheap, Id do it. Be concerned about the loss of Ogden though - I tried to warn people his injury might affect JLew before this past weekend.

RSmith - you might still be able to get him cheap.

Mason & Coles - should be right up near the top of your list for Buy low candidates.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:21 pm

Kevan "Buy Low" Barlow
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:27 pm

klgreen1973 wrote:
Warpigs wrote:Potential buy-low guys:

Deuce McAllister
Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor
Marvin Harrison

Daunte Culpepper
Donovan McNabb

You must be crazy putting C-Pep in with this group. Yesterday was just a prelude to what this guy is going to do this season. With that offense, he should be in the top 3 points/week guys. You can trade him if you want....you'll be sorry. I just wish I drafted him instead of Manning (Gotta stop reading all those so-called expert draft books before the draft....talked myself out of the pick :~().

I don't see him throwing five TDs a game from here on out. Moe Williams didn't play yesterday -- if he was in there, Culpepper's numbers would have dropped somewhat. Michael Bennett will score on some long runs, as well. Yes, Culpepper is a great QB (as is Manning -- I wouldn't worry about one game -- doing so is foolish), but consistency-wise, I'd be fine with a Pennington if I can trade Culpepper at this point for a big upgrade at RB, for instance. Totally ruling out that possibility is foolish!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:35 pm

I am thinking of sellling high on Tiki Barber to a guy who needs a 2nd RB.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:42 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Kevan "Buy Low" Barlow

Really? Cause I was going to recommend selling him if you can get value similar to what you paid for him still. I cant see his value ever approaching 10th -15th overall status (which is where the majority of people who drafted him actually paid) anytime soon.

Id say last night was very close to what I expected - SF fell behind relatively early which made the running game pretty obsolete. 43 of his 76 yds rushing came with under 5 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. So, basically for 40 minutes Barlow was held to 33 yds rushing on like 13-15 attempts. Oh yeah - that was against the elite D of the Falcons too. He did get some good garbage yards after ATL had the game well in hand though.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk