BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:42 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I am thinking of sellling high on Tiki Barber to a guy who needs a 2nd RB.

great call! Tiki is one of the biggest sell high candidates there is right now.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:54 pm

great call! Tiki is one of the biggest sell high candidates there is right now.

ya id get rid of him while hes still worth something.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby St. Brian » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:14 pm

I'm selling Issac Bruce in my Yahoo League and getting Deuce McAllister. I only wish people in the leagues I paid for would panic like this.
"We sucked. We couldn't do diddly-poo out there..." Jim Mora
St. Brian
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:14 pm

i would look to go after Kevin Jones. His value is very low right now. Also Duce Staley b/c its doubtful the Bus will get 3 TDs again but all people see is this one game as a guideline

Warrick Dunn had a good day and they left him in at the goalline. If you can get a more legit starter for him I would try to do that as well
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:28 pm

I agree that Culpepper is a big sell high guy. You might be able to get a first round RB like Duece for him.

I think Griffin is a sell high candidate right now...he is not a #1 fantasy runningback
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:21 pm

If I had T. Jones, I'd be looking to sell him high right now. I think the 2 TDs is a bit of an abberation.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:52 pm

MadScott wrote:If I had T. Jones, I'd be looking to sell him high right now. I think the 2 TDs is a bit of an abberation.

Yeah, I think his yards were terrible.

All you guys are saying sell Tiki high... I don't see any difference between him and a guy like Curtis Martin. If Martin continues or you think he will, then now wouldn't be the time to get him, but Tiki should still be able to get 1,000yds with 5-8 TDs...
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:55 pm

IMO, It's still too early to ship TJones right now. All it takes is one click to see his 3.2 YPC. He will need another good game or two.

In my league you have to wait a few weeks before a guy will give up on a stud or massively elevate a scrub.

With that said, sell high -

Tom Brady - NE will settle in with the running game when not playing such an explosive offense.

Faulk - Like others have said, the injury is merely weeks away.

Tiki Barber - He got garbage points mostly. He lost a ton of carries to Dayne and do you honestly think that Coughlin will turn a blind eye to his fumbles the way Fassel did?

buy low -

Jeremy Shockey - He'll get his once Manning officially becomes the starter. Right now there are so many concerns that you may be able to land him on the cheap.

Coles - He dropped off at the end of last year and then started slow yesterday. He has the talent though and Gibbs will air out the ball when they play better offensive teams than the depleted Bucs.

Jimmy Smith - When that offense turns the corner they are going to take off full tilt. Jimmy will lead the way.

Travis Henry - Hidden in his poor outing is the fact that he had the vast majority of the carries and McGahee had bad numbers as well.

Aaron Brooks - Too much talent for that offense to struggle for long. He still put up decent yardage. Expect that to continue and the TDs to begin.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:03 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:All you guys are saying sell Tiki high... I don't see any difference between him and a guy like Curtis Martin. If Martin continues or you think he will, then now wouldn't be the time to get him, but Tiki should still be able to get 1,000yds with 5-8 TDs...

Since he's unlikely to average 14.3 yards per touch the rest of the season, that might be hard to do on 9 carries a game. I'd be selling.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:05 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:All you guys are saying sell Tiki high... I don't see any difference between him and a guy like Curtis Martin. If Martin continues or you think he will, then now wouldn't be the time to get him, but Tiki should still be able to get 1,000yds with 5-8 TDs...

Since he's unlikely to average 14.3 yards per touch the rest of the season, that might be hard to do on 9 carries a game. I'd be selling.

You can trade him for what you want, you know what you're getting out of him and everyone who you trade him too should be able to also. He's pretty consistent and like I said, you know what you're getting meaning you probably won't get any more value than you normally would.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk