BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BUY LOW/ SELL HIGH GUYS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby servoled » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:58 pm

Is it bad that almost everyone on my team has been mentioned in the buy low portion of this thread? Guess I won't be trading much this week :)
servoled
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:09 am

thats how i feel. I'd love to sell high, but I have nothing to sell with! I have Mcallister, Brooks, Plaxico, Krob, Andre Johnson, Vick....ahhh..I have Alexander too, but his injury, as small as it is, will scare some off
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stikmata » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:48 am

i think trading c-pep is moronic... he will score more then your opponents QB 75-80% of the time... maybe if you're desperate for a #2 back... dont forget Dallas was one of the best defensive units last year... 5 TDs a game? no way... but expect an average of 2-3 WEEKLY.. AND big yardage.... sell high... tsss
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shortsavage » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:28 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:I am thinking of sellling high on Tiki Barber to a guy who needs a 2nd RB.

great call! Tiki is one of the biggest sell high candidates there is right now.

I do not agree with this assessment. People got so down on Tiki with his drop last season and Dayne taking carries from him this season. Even with his play this week. I do not think he is a sell high guy, let alone one of the biggest candidates out there.

I am trying to trade Curtis Martin now too.

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 am

shortsavage wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:I am thinking of sellling high on Tiki Barber to a guy who needs a 2nd RB.

I do not agree with this assessment. People got so down on Tiki with his drop last season and Dayne taking carries from him this season. Even with his play this week. I do not think he is a sell high guy, let alone one of the biggest candidates out there.

why not?

You gave a couple of reason why he IS a sell high candidate: losing carries to Dayne of all people (Dayne had more carries actually), and Tiki fumbles too often.

But you gave no reason why you think he isnt a sell high candidate. Do you think Dayne will get injured? Do you think Tiki will correct his fumbling issues?

Im not sure why you would list reasons to sell him, provide no theory as to why those reasons are wrong, but still argue that you shouldnt sell him - that makes no sense.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Warpigs » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:30 am

stikmata wrote:i think trading c-pep is moronic... he will score more then your opponents QB 75-80% of the time... maybe if you're desperate for a #2 back... dont forget Dallas was one of the best defensive units last year... 5 TDs a game? no way... but expect an average of 2-3 WEEKLY.. AND big yardage.... sell high... tsss

Perhaps, but let's say you have a good first-round RB (Ahman Green) and drafted Culpepper in the second, and went from there. You keep selling yourself on how Culpepper will have incredible stats every week -- which means you should be able to sell that to other owners. Realistically, you could work a deal of Culpepper and whatever RB you snagged in round three or four for someone like Deuce McAllister and a Steve McNair, Trent Green, Chad Pennington. Having a starting RB duo of Green and McAllister, plus a solid QB will anchor your team much better than Culpepper, Green and a much riskier second RB -- like Westbrook or Michael Bennett.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Commish » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:32 am

I'd buy low on Kevin Jones. We he gets on that Detroit turf, he will be solid. Despite his subpar rushing #'s this week, he was very impressive to me in his speed and ability to break tackles.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Commish » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:34 am

wizbang wrote:buy low -

Jeremy Shockey - He'll get his once Manning officially becomes the starter. Right now there are so many concerns that you may be able to land him on the cheap.

I agree here. Warner simply does not have the arm anymore to be an NFL starter.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:43 am

The_Commish wrote:
wizbang wrote:buy low -

Jeremy Shockey - He'll get his once Manning officially becomes the starter. Right now there are so many concerns that you may be able to land him on the cheap.

I agree here. Warner simply does not have the arm anymore to be an NFL starter.

I also agree with this. He missed the entire preseason and is barely in game shape. Give him 2-3 weeks and watch him explode.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:16 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

why not?

You gave a couple of reason why he IS a sell high candidate: losing carries to Dayne of all people (Dayne had more carries actually), and Tiki fumbles too often.

But you gave no reason why you think he isnt a sell high candidate. Do you think Dayne will get injured? Do you think Tiki will correct his fumbling issues?

Im not sure why you would list reasons to sell him, provide no theory as to why those reasons are wrong, but still argue that you shouldnt sell him - that makes no sense.

If I had Tiki I would be vigorously shopping him right now. That game actually made my expectations for Tiki lower, but because of his big numbers this week some people will actually expect more from him.

He lost waaaaaaaaaaaay more carries to Dayne then I thought he would, 8/9 carries a game for someone that was barely a serviceable fantasy RB when he was getting 20-25 carries does not make me confident in him. Yet people will see his big fantasy point total this week and think of big things from him. The possiblily that a guy that scored 2 TD's last year puts up 100+ and a TD on less than 10 carries is not exactly something I'd want to rely on.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk