Hype versus production. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hype versus production.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hype versus production.

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:41 pm

KRob and DJax. Once again Mr. Hype comes up short while Mr. Production gets the job done. No TDs for either but there's no ignoring the receptions and yardage disparity in favor of DJax.

Plax and Hines. Unlike the Seattle duo, nobody had Burress rated higher than Ward. However, we saw a lot of "it's a contract year" and "Buress came in ready to play this year" talk leading up to the game. Results - Just shy of 100 for Ward, nearly a shutout for Plax.

Stallworth and Mr. Cellular. FAR too many bought the Stallworth hype yet again this year. I'm not saying that he will suck all year but a lot of pubs were saying that Donte will take over the production for the aging Horn. The ESPN hacks even had Stallworth rated HIGHER than Horn (they weren't the only ones). Lunacy. Horn had a down year last year due to a busted up knee and STILL caught 11 TDs and had nearly a thousand yards. Dinky Stallworth has all of the injury issues with none of the past production.

In summary, sometimes the steady eddies are steady because they're better players. I fully expect all three situations to remain this way allllll year looooong.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:44 pm

Stallworth I stayed clear of. Not a big fan.

D-Jax I was pretty weary of. I figured that he was likely to be a bust where he was being drafted. So far it looks like I was just a little off... }:-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:45 pm

I couldn't agree more. I settled for DJax last year when I didn't get K-Rob. Worked out great. As for Plax, his hype is Madden built, he is a beast in Madden. Some people forget this is not Madden.
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Titan » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:49 pm

jmo wrote:I couldn't agree more. I settled for DJax last year when I didn't get K-Rob. Worked out great. As for Plax, his hype is Madden built, he is a beast in Madden. Some people forget this is not Madden.

Maybe I'm getting old, but people actually base how good someone is for real by how good he is on Madden???

Hmmm Interesting. I must have misunderstood.
I am The Lizard King I can do ANYTHING!!

Jim Morrison was a Titan Fan ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jmo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:55 pm

I think one of the reasons why suckers took Vick so quick this year was because he was such a Madden stud.
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:56 pm

Plax might have had a bad night due to the fact that he had an elite cornerback in Charles Woodson in his back pocket all night. I wouldnt be so quick to write him off.

Small things like coverage assignments will drastically affect WRs on a game by game basis, so dont assume that these type of performances will continue week to week. WRs especially are extremely volatile.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk