STOP BASHING BARLOW! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

STOP BASHING BARLOW!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cwhitty » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:33 pm

I was not trying to imply that Beasley coming back will be the cure for the woes. I'm simply saying that we cannot rush to judgement and bash Barlow until he has his compadre in front of him. Of course Beasley wouldn't have made his numbers climb from 76 rushing yards to 176 rushing yards. The relevance is sometimes that one key block that Beasley provides can be the difference from getting a first down and punting. With that new set of downs comes new opportunity. Also, being a recieving back, if you as the quarterback see a defender getting in the backfield too easily , why throw the RB. Beasley is able to block the blitzer and allow Barlow more options. This is all I'm saying.
cwhitty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bwzabodyn » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:45 pm

Here's my question - like above: who do I go with now? Do I play Barlow and hope he picks up steam? or do I play Chris Brown and hopes he gets 100 yds in the 2nd quarter too? (I wouldn't doubt it against Indy if he's ok - their run D is horrible!)
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:50 pm

cwhitty wrote:Check frequently on the status of Fred Beasley. Once he is back in there everything should be fine. Not perfect but fine.

Beasley cannot help the lack of offensive talent that SF has!!! They still have unproven QB's and WR's. They did not look good against ATL. ATL was one of the worst D's in the league last year. Hell, they had no run D (and they did nothing to address that in the off season) at all and still had enough to shut down the SF running game. I still do not like Barlow in SF. He is end for a long year. He will learn what Ricky Williams learned last year. No QB, no WR's, no offence.....8/9 in the box, no running lanes, no rushing yards and no DAYLIGHT for Barlow!!!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cwhitty » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:14 pm

What I am going to do now is revolutionary. I am going to be honest. I have barlow in my money league and I had to work late and didn't get to the draft in time. I got Barlow. I am sick of lying to myself and trying to make myself feel better about having him. It was an absolute waste of a second round pick and i don't think the guy deserves to go higher than mid 3rd round. I do think Beasley coming back WILL make a difference but i do agree that it won't be enough to merit anything higher than a mid 3rd. I am encouraged though by the fact that the passing game showed it was a little better than expected. The offensive line sucks and that doesn't bode well for Barlow, Beasley or not. I do have Tomlinson on my team as well so my RB situation could be alot worse. Hopefully, when Barlow has a game like he had this weekend Tomlinson will pick up the slack with 2 or 3 TD. That did not happen which is part of the reason I lost this week.
cwhitty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:20 pm

Mora's defensive scheme will make Atlanta a better defense just by itself. They also added a lot of personel to boot. This defense will be much improved this season. Factor in that Mora was with SF last season and he's going to know best how to stop their tendencies. I saw an awful lot of run blitzing yesterday which is one of his hallmarks.

I'll give you that I'm concerned about the QB situation there. Dorsey actually moved the ball alot better than Rattay, it may be rust, but I'm not sure. The WRs will continue to grow and get better. The line will gel and once Beasley comes back, who is a returning pro bowler and another cog to that offense, Barlow should be fine.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NinersFAN » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:52 pm

Barlow will bounce back, not just being a homer

but u do realize that jim mora jr has been with the niners practically barlow's entire CAREER.

He know the niner offense pretty damn well, practicing against it for so many years. He knows what barlow is capable of and what he's not.

Beasly also has been then as long as barlow. And in the game niners actually were able to have a pretty good passing attack. Just turned the ball over in the red zone + 3rd and really long situations from penalty's, sacks, etc
NinersFAN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:59 pm

I just think its dumb coaching by the 49ers.I mean they had the ball twice in the redzone like at the 10yd line both times and they decided to throw the ball instead of running it to try to get to the endzone.Thats what caused them the game.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Football » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 pm

Barlow mostly played vs tired defenses last year and he has a terrilble offensive line and bad offense in general to go wtih him not to mention the fact the whole team sucks and will be playing from behind most of the year... IE passing a lot.. THis guy is trash and will perform at a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I pray you didn't pick him in the 1st or 2nd as you will get burned.
Football
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bagobonez » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:53 am

Barlow will be fine. The 49ers offense isn't good enough to get him 3 TD's a game like Alexander and Priest, but 80 yards and a TD should be pretty common place for Barlow.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stikmata » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:07 am

cwhitty wrote:What I am going to do now is revolutionary. I am going to be honest. I have barlow in my money league and I had to work late and didn't get to the draft in time. I got Barlow. I am sick of lying to myself and trying to make myself feel better about having him. It was an absolute waste of a second round pick and i don't think the guy deserves to go higher than mid 3rd round. I do think Beasley coming back WILL make a difference but i do agree that it won't be enough to merit anything higher than a mid 3rd. I am encouraged though by the fact that the passing game showed it was a little better than expected. The offensive line sucks and that doesn't bode well for Barlow, Beasley or not. I do have Tomlinson on my team as well so my RB situation could be alot worse. Hopefully, when Barlow has a game like he had this weekend Tomlinson will pick up the slack with 2 or 3 TD. That did not happen which is part of the reason I lost this week.

way to look in the mirror and be truthful with yourself! ;-D

i wish more people posted what they FELT... and not what they HOPED... good luck w/ barlow
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk