Griffin Doubts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Griffin Doubts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 am

Free Bagel wrote:
mnheadliner wrote:However, I am 5'10" and 190 lbs so I'm a little taller than Q-Tip so I guess I'd be less likely to be injured. :-b

See, this is what I don't get. People keep saying Q is only 5'7" and 195lbs. 195 is damned thick for 5'7", wouldn't you at 5'10" and LESS weight hence be less thick than someone who weighs more than you and is shorter?

Think of it this way, take two guys, both weigh 185lbs, one guy is 5'7" and one guy is 6'10", which guys is thicker/more durable? 6'10" 185lbs. is like a twig and hence that person would break.

Shorter+heavier=thicker.

I guess the sarcasm was too thick, and sensing that I put a :-b at the end of it, but I guess it was laid on too thick. I was poking fun at those who believe because of his height he's more likely to be injured. I agree with you, for the record. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:13 am

Free Bagel wrote:
mnheadliner wrote:However, I am 5'10" and 190 lbs so I'm a little taller than Q-Tip so I guess I'd be less likely to be injured. :-b

See, this is what I don't get. People keep saying Q is only 5'7" and 195lbs. 195 is damned thick for 5'7", wouldn't you at 5'10" and LESS weight hence be less thick than someone who weighs more than you and is shorter?

Think of it this way, take two guys, both weigh 185lbs, one guy is 5'7" and one guy is 6'10", which guys is thicker/more durable? 6'10" 185lbs. is like a twig and hence that person would break.

Shorter+heavier=thicker.

For the record, I'm 5' 11" and a muscular 248. 8-o Picture Jerome Bettis but white and pissed that I just tied (yes, we can tie) in my big money league.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:38 am

All the above posts are right about small backs being injury prone and not making it in the league. Here's a quick list of soon to be shoe shiners in the league under 6'0, 220 lbs.:

Ladanian Tomlinson
Priest Holmes
Clinton Portis
Marshall Faulk

Don't worry if you haven't heard of these guys, they'll be out of the league soon anyway. By the way, shortest guy on the list? Priest, at 5'9". But, I'm sure those 2 inches are what's made him the best RB in the league. Keep waiting on Griffin though, I'm sure an injured rookie is gonna take his spot reeeeeeal soon. And one of the posts mentioned making the KC DB look like a PS mistake? Do you see that a lot out of NFL defensive players? You don't think the guy putting on the move should get any credit for making a guy look stupid, like the guy just forgot which way to turn or something? Jeez, give Q his credit. He's one bad little mofo. How big was Barry Sanders, by the way?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby a4ce » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:09 am

biju wrote:4. You hate Denver.
;-D

If Q-Griff wore any other jersey...
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby My Cat Is A Moron » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:32 am

OK folks, put your money where your mouth is...

I have both Griffin, Barlow and Lewis in my leauge...I will be starting Lewis, in support of my first round pick (although he didn't make my case this week...). So, Griffin over Barlow? I put Barlow over Griffin this week, and noticed that my bench had 50 points over my starters. So - Griffin? Vs. Jacksonville?

(Yeah, my other two starters were T. Green and L. Coles - well, if bad luck was to strike, might as well be in one week - then again, I am so drunk I can barely type - this might have more to do with my failures - hmmm....)
My Cat Is A Moron
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stikmata » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:59 am

My Cat Is A Moron wrote:OK folks, put your money where your mouth is...

I have both Griffin, Barlow and Lewis in my leauge...I will be starting Lewis, in support of my first round pick (although he didn't make my case this week...). So, Griffin over Barlow? I put Barlow over Griffin this week, and noticed that my bench had 50 points over my starters. So - Griffin? Vs. Jacksonville?

(Yeah, my other two starters were T. Green and L. Coles - well, if bad luck was to strike, might as well be in one week - then again, I am so drunk I can barely type - this might have more to do with my failures - hmmm....)

i;d surely go with barlow vs NO, then q-tip vs jax.... 17 games w/ out a 100 yd rusher? it'll probably be 18
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:11 am

Randy moss for Q and tatum just went down in my league. Hate the bandwagon.
Gold.
The Miner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Ragnar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:29 am

I made the huge mistake of benching Griffin behind D. McAllister and S. Davis. Guess it's no wonder I lost by nearly 100 points! I suppose it helped that my opponent had A. Green, T. Brady, C. (my favorite) Martin, and the Titans Def... Doubt all you want, my biggest decision this week is going to be do I bench McAllister or Davis in lieu of Griffin...
Ragnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:32 am

I think Davis would be the obvious choice. Even though the Panthers are playing the lowly Chief Defense. Duece should not be a bust two weeks in a row. Panthers were not running much anyway last night.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ragnar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:44 am

I'd hate to bench Davis or McAllister. You're right, my instinct tells me to bench Davis but the Chief's run defense is horrible. Maybe Fox will get enough criticism this week so he will run the ball a little more. They went to the passing game well before the game was out of hand. Did he forget the monster year Davis had last year??? Anyway, getting a little off track here. I do think Griffin is going to have a very good year. I just hate choosing between 3 good backs because you know the one you bench is going to have a monster game...
Ragnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk