Plaxico Burress - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plaxico Burress

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stikmata » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:56 am

plax is known to make the SPECTACULAR catch... but let it bouce off his chest wide open... really an enigma of a player... ive watched him since MSU days, and got pretty excited when he showed some potential in his sophmore year... but he is still the same player, who as a rookie, spiked the ball after a good catch for a 1st down, BEFORE anyone tackled him and the ball was still live... SO

IMO.. its just as much his fault as maddox... and it will probably be awhile before he has a string of 5 or 6 straight studly starts... if his stock is ever high i'd sell... but at the same time my wr corps right now kinda suck and i may try and buy low ;-)
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:30 am

an entire thread about Plax and his disapointing week and not one person brought up the situation he was in for the week?

Cmon fellas - I expect more from you guys.

Plax was covered by Charles Woodson all game. Enough said.

Realize that situations like shutdown corners seriously affect fantasy production.

I understand that with PIT having 2 very good WRs in Plax and Ward only one of them was going to draw Woodson - it just happened to be Plax. The outcome?

Bruuno2 wrote:Hines Ward right,Hines Ward left!

Im sure Plax will have much better games this season and this game should be looked at for what it was: he was shutdown by an elite shutdown corner.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AGENT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:07 pm

Shader wrote:Plaxico isn't inconsistent. Maddox is. Maddox locks onto receivers and is really average. He just about got Plaxico killed Sunday with a high throw.

I predict if Roethlisberger ever gets to play, Plaxico's value will shoot up like a rocket.

You are wrong here. I will leave it at that. i don't feel I have to defend Maddox but your comment is down right wrong.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AGENT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:10 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:an entire thread about Plax and his disapointing week and not one person brought up the situation he was in for the week?

Cmon fellas - I expect more from you guys.

Plax was covered by Charles Woodson all game. Enough said.

Realize that situations like shutdown corners seriously affect fantasy production.

I understand that with PIT having 2 very good WRs in Plax and Ward only one of them was going to draw Woodson - it just happened to be Plax. The outcome?

Bruuno2 wrote:Hines Ward right,Hines Ward left!

Im sure Plax will have much better games this season and this game should be looked at for what it was: he was shutdown by an elite shutdown corner.

I am so glad to see that there is at least one more intellegent person in the forum.!! ThanksCornbread for not making me have to explain this. My blood was starting to boil!
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk