Defense by committie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defense by committie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:49 am

I like selecting 2 good defences (5-10 range on my draft list) and alternating them according to matchups.

This year in my money league I got Seattle and Jax. I'm very happy playing these 2 based on matchups. I would be uncomfortable having to play Minn just because they are going against the 49ers.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Game JLo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:51 am

I'm doing the same (DBC).

I'm going with Seattle for the next 2 weeks (vs TB & SF). I'm doing this because I will be away from my team and won't be able to pick up anyone different for the 3rd week of the season. The next 2 games for Seattle seem pretty good. Otherwise, yes, I would have plugged in NO vs SF.

I planned on using this strategy unless a top tier DEF landed in my lap during the draft (which it did not).

I am a 100% backer of this strategy. Why waste a pick on a DEF unless you get the best. Even with the best, you still have bad matchups...
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I like selecting 2 good defences (5-10 range on my draft list) and alternating them according to matchups.

This year in my money league I got Seattle and Jax. I'm very happy playing these 2 based on matchups. I would be uncomfortable having to play Minn just because they are going against the 49ers.

Are TENN and MIA good teams to alternate weekly or should I drop one and get NO for this weeks matchup?
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:57 am

BALCOBOMBER wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I like selecting 2 good defences (5-10 range on my draft list) and alternating them according to matchups.

Are TENN and MIA good teams to alternate weekly or should I drop one and get NO for this weeks matchup?

Tenn and Miami ;-D

I also have the sneaking suspicion that Miami will not be involved in many shootouts this year :-b A lot of teams will be running the clock out on the fins.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:40 pm

This is my usual way of playing defenses... I drafted Tennessee strictly because of their week one matchup against Miami... That worked out nicely... I'm picking up Washington for their upcoming matchup with New York... I'm liking Sean Taylor's prospects against a rookie QB... I'm going to play Tennessee again in weeks three and four versus the Jags and San Diego... Then Washington in five versus Baltimore... Tennessee in week six versus Houston...

Then in week seven, Washington has a bye and Tennessee has Minnesota, so I'll be picking someone else up there for weeks 7 and 8 (based solely on their matchups for those two weeks)...

Then comes Washington v. Detroit in week nine...

Tennesee v. Chicago in week ten...

Tennessee v. Jacksonville in week eleven...

Tennessee v. Houston in week twelve...

Washington v. Giants in week thirteen...

Week 14 will require a fill-in b/c we have Washington v. Philly and Tenn v. KC....

Washington v. San Fran or Tennessee v. Oakland in week one of the playoffs depending on which opposing team is worse at that point...

Washington v. Dallas in the Superbowl (and I wouldn't have it any other way)....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:43 pm

I am doing it this year. We have an 8 team league so it is really easy to find at least one good matchup. I always take a home team and then look for the best matchup off of that. This week...ashamed to say.....Packers vs Bears.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:56 pm

yep, i started it last year and it continues this year!
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk