Real Rivalry: Skins vs. Giants Paperbag - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Real Rivalry: Skins vs. Giants Paperbag

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:59 pm

Some things don't change. The Giants own Gibbs and the 'Skins, especially in the Meadowlands. :-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:Some things don't change. The Giants own Gibbs and the 'Skins, especially in the Meadowlands. :-)

Gibbs record vs Giants 11-13 = owned? :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:56 pm

terpfan wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Some things don't change. The Giants own Gibbs and the 'Skins, especially in the Meadowlands. :-)

Actually prior to today's game Gibbs regular season record against the Jints was 12-12. I don't have the data handy but his record at the Meadowlands was not good if I remember correctly and likewise in those 24 games the Giants didn't fair well at Washington.

So maybe ownage was overstating it but it's all about talking the junk after your boys got punk'd today. The score doesn't do the ownage today justice. Looking forward to the rematch.

Oh ... and if your old enough to remember the ownage in '86 at the Meadowlands was nice. 17-0. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:59 am

ForeverBlue wrote:7 TURNOVERS 8-o

Bag It! Maybe it will muffle all those big mouths on you Skins fans.

yeah, the giants looked great :-t Washington's D held them strong, it was the offense, while the vagiants didn't do enough to loose the game on O redskins did plenty, 7 turnovers and we were still in a position to win in the 4th Q but oh well we didn't stupid offense, i gladly and proudly wear this crummy bag ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:08 am

Don't make excuses for your Pinkskins. The O was suppossed to be good with Gibbs bringing back the counter-tre, Portis in the backfield and an experienced QB at the helm. Your hogs look like piglets. Just say it, "The Skins smelled like A$$ on Sunday". There, feel better?
The Giants were always a team built around defense. No change this year. Big Blue Wrecking Crew!!!!!!
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:13 am

Oh, and I'm still waiting on Skinsfan, Burgundy&Gold, Snipershot and Servoled to BAG IT!
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:19 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:Don't make excuses for your Pinkskins. The O was suppossed to be good with Gibbs bringing back the counter-tre, Portis in the backfield and an experienced QB at the helm. Your hogs look like piglets. Just say it, "The Skins smelled like A$$ on Sunday". There, feel better?
The Giants were always a team built around defense. No change this year. Big Blue Wrecking Crew!!!!!!

I made no excuse. Told it like it was/is Redskins O was crap yesterday, but also, the vagiants O was beat by the Redskins D, the giants O jsut didn't do enough to loose the game.
1.) Skins D is good
2.) Skins O made your D look good.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:11 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
ForeverBlue wrote:Don't make excuses for your Pinkskins. The O was suppossed to be good with Gibbs bringing back the counter-tre, Portis in the backfield and an experienced QB at the helm. Your hogs look like piglets. Just say it, "The Skins smelled like A$$ on Sunday". There, feel better?

I made no excuse. Told it like it was/is Redskins O was crap yesterday, but also, the vagiants O was beat by the Redskins D, the giants O jsut didn't do enough to loose the game.
1.) Skins D is good
2.) Skins O made your D look good.

Of course. Isn't this how it always is with Redskins fans. When the Skins win it's because the Skins were the better team and when the Skins lose it's because they beat themselves and had nothing to do with the other team. :-b

The Giants D is a better squad then the team who showed up in Philly. That's what you were expecting and maybe that's why it's tough to swallow. Did the Skins make uninfluenced mistakes? Absolutely. Were all 7 turnovers uninfluenced? No. The Giants D played a good game and beat the Skins any way you slice it. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:24 pm

Amazinz wrote:
terpfan wrote:

Actually prior to today's game Gibbs regular season record against the Jints was 12-12. I don't have the data handy but his record at the Meadowlands was not good if I remember correctly and likewise in those 24 games the Giants didn't fair well at Washington.

So maybe ownage was overstating it but it's all about talking the junk after your boys got punk'd today. The score doesn't do the ownage today justice. Looking forward to the rematch.

Oh ... and if your old enough to remember the ownage in '86 at the Meadowlands was nice. 17-0. ;-D

I think Gibbs is now 6-8 at Giants Stadium.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:06 am

ForeverBlue wrote:Oh, and I'm still waiting on Skinsfan, Burgundy&Gold, Snipershot and Servoled to BAG IT!

Still waiting!
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting