Return to Football Talk

Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat May 10, 2003 9:48 pm

From PFW.

May 8, 2003
Random quotes from around the NFL

Buccaneers DT Warren Sapp on the prospect of Tampa Bay possibly not re-signing him after this season, the final year of his six-year, $36 million contract: "The only thing they've allowed me to do in the last five years is collect almost $30 million. I ain't hurtin'. I'd be a fool to sit up here and rant and rave: 'They won't pay me.' They've already paid me. And if they say I'm no longer the commodity, we'll deal with it then."

More Sapp: "I'll take the same exact deal I had this time and go back at it again. No problem. That was a wonderful deal. And the standard was set by the best in the game — and that's me."

Lions QB Joey Harrington on seeing rookie WR Charles Rogers practice for the first time: "(Rogers has) brought youth, a little inexperience, a lot of energy, a lot of speed. It was fun seeing him out there playing. He definitely has a lot of talent. But just like everybody else, and I remember when I was in this situation last year, there is a lot to learn."

Dolphins OL coach Tony Wise to the TV camerapersons surrounding a stretching Junior Seau as the linebacker started his first practice in Miami: “You've never seen a guy stretch before?”

Buccaneers rookie QB Chris Simms on waiting for his name to be called on Draft Day: “I was just sitting there with my dad, and he's trying to console me a little bit: ‘Are you all right? Just hang in there. It doesn't matter what happens.’ I was like, ‘I hate every team here. I hate them all. I don't want to play for anybody.’ Then Coach (Jon) Gruden called and just brightened up my day.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sat May 10, 2003 10:13 pm

lol prissy chrissy...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sun May 11, 2003 12:30 am

I was like, ‘I hate every team here. I hate them all. I don't want to play for anybody.’ Then Coach (Jon) Gruden called and just brightened up my day.”

LOL I can just imagine that situation for the guy.

Then the Super bowl champs called my name and "that brightened up my day" LOL cracks me up.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Nero » Sun May 11, 2003 5:58 am

This is definitely not the wussy...errr...guy I want leading my team
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk