And Mercer Boy sinks to an all-time low... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

And Mercer Boy sinks to an all-time low...

Moderator: Football Moderators

And Mercer Boy sinks to an all-time low...

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:30 am

Sweet 16:

6 Mercer Boy
Poobah

I thought I would be last...luckily one of those tride and true Tubbies decided to join me in my pitiful prognostication purgatory...

Looks like SF and ARZ are getting picked against without abandon for the next 7 weeks! :-?
Last edited by Mercer Boy on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:27 pm

pitiful prognostication purgatory

wonderful way to put it ;-D

Your score is laughable, it pales in comparison that my might 11 that I will keep intact for the remainder of the season. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:14 am

Just pull an smh and make those picks last forever! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:38 pm

Well, I wasn't the last one out (sorry tareed :,-( )...

petey and I get the "doh" of the week award in ladders...Had we gotten the Jacksonville game right, it would have been 12 games in a row.... :~(
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:56 pm

Your av is disgusting Mercer. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:30 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Your av is disgusting Mercer. ;-D

What's more disgusting is Pick 3. Every week I get 2 out of three games right. I missed pointage by 1 this time! :~( :~( :~(

Why is this game so cruel to me? !+)
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:30 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Your av is disgusting Mercer. ;-D

What's more disgusting is Pick 3. Every week I get 2 out of three games right. I missed pointage by 1 this time! :~( :~( :~(

Why is this game so cruel to me? !+)

I agree, but I think I got it figured out now. got some points in week 5. if I my new strategy gets me some points this week, I should have a top 10 finish. As I had the big goose egg after week 4 top 10 would be good in my rookie year.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:21 am

houstonherdfan wrote:I agree, but I think I got it figured out now. got some points in week 5. if I my new strategy gets me some points this week, I should have a top 10 finish. As I had the big goose egg after week 4 top 10 would be good in my rookie year.

The strategy that seems like it works the most would be to pick the winner of all three games! !+)

To me, the point totals are not as important as picking the winner because you can normally figure out what the general trend of scoring will be in each game (good d's and bad o's low, bad d's and good o's high). Add to this that everyone else knows the same thing, so most of the time the projections are fairly close from person to person (unless someone really goes for broke).

As I said, I have been very close every week but have always gotten two winners out of three. That's 10 wasted points each week! Those points would have vaulted me into pointage twice if not three times already.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Arlo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:56 am

Agreed, it's definitely not easy this year... B-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:45 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:I agree, but I think I got it figured out now. got some points in week 5. if I my new strategy gets me some points this week, I should have a top 10 finish. As I had the big goose egg after week 4 top 10 would be good in my rookie year.

The strategy that seems like it works the most would be to pick the winner of all three games! !+)

To me, the point totals are not as important as picking the winner because you can normally figure out what the general trend of scoring will be in each game (good d's and bad o's low, bad d's and good o's high). Add to this that everyone else knows the same thing, so most of the time the projections are fairly close from person to person (unless someone really goes for broke).

As I said, I have been very close every week but have always gotten two winners out of three. That's 10 wasted points each week! Those points would have vaulted me into pointage twice if not three times already.

That would be correct. however have tried 5 completely different methods for picking my scores and winners. I hope the last method I used to get a 5th place score last week continues. If not, I still have no clue on how to play this game to score consistantly(sp). I am trying different ways to be more accurate with my picks. I guess I should wait another week or two before I talk $h!t about doing well, especially since I did so horriblely the 1st 4 weeks (best I could muster was in the 80's). Hopefully will be able to take again sunday evening. I'M OUT!!!!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk