And Mercer Boy sinks to an all-time low... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

And Mercer Boy sinks to an all-time low...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:04 am

This whine-fest thread continues until I score some freaking points in Pick 3! :-)

This week, I finally get all the games right, but so did everyone else and their brother. The dang Philly score got me and I missed pointage by 6. :-C

Previous finishes:
36th, 53rd, 46th, 94th, 32nd, 44th. Number of points - 0. :~(

If there's anyone else out there that is finishing as high as me with 0 points still, please add your names to my "Pick 3 Pane Peekers" list. It's supposed to signify us losers that are on the outside looking in every week. :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:12 am

Mercer Boy wrote:If there's anyone else out there that is finishing as high as me with 0 points still, please add your names to my "Pick 3 Pane Peekers" list. It's supposed to signify us losers that are on the outside looking in every week. :-t

Sorry, I'll have to withdraw my membership application... 5th place this week to finally pick up some points! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:08 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:I agree, but I think I got it figured out now. got some points in week 5. if I my new strategy gets me some points this week, I should have a top 10 finish. As I had the big goose egg after week 4 top 10 would be good in my rookie year.

The strategy that seems like it works the most would be to pick the winner of all three games! !+)

To me, the point totals are not as important as picking the winner because you can normally figure out what the general trend of scoring will be in each game (good d's and bad o's low, bad d's and good o's high). Add to this that everyone else knows the same thing, so most of the time the projections are fairly close from person to person (unless someone really goes for broke).

As I said, I have been very close every week but have always gotten two winners out of three. That's 10 wasted points each week! Those points would have vaulted me into pointage twice if not three times already.

That would be correct. however have tried 5 completely different methods for picking my scores and winners. I hope the last method I used to get a 5th place score last week continues. If not, I still have no clue on how to play this game to score consistantly(sp). I am trying different ways to be more accurate with my picks. I guess I should wait another week or two before I talk $h!t about doing well, especially since I did so horriblely the 1st 4 weeks (best I could muster was in the 80's). Hopefully will be able to take again sunday evening. I'M OUT!!!!!!!!

Well from no ranking to 32nd place(4th week 5) to 8th place(7th week 6) in 2 weeks. Prolly now that I'm talking stuff about how good I am doing will not have another good week the rest of the year.

Hopefully my stratagy I'm using will continue to work.

Used the same general stratagy I used in week 5
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:44 pm

No, you'll probably still do good...I just need to figure out whatever the heck strategy you're using for at least one week! }:-)
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:No, you'll probably still do good...I just need to figure out whatever the heck strategy you're using for at least one week! }:-)

I'm not telling
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:08 am

Mercer Boy wrote:This whine-fest thread continues until I score some freaking points in Pick 3! :-)

This week, I finally get all the games right, but so did everyone else and their brother. The dang Philly score got me and I missed pointage by 6. :-C

Previous finishes:
36th, 53rd, 46th, 94th, 32nd, 44th. Number of points - 0. :~(

If there's anyone else out there that is finishing as high as me with 0 points still, please add your names to my "Pick 3 Pane Peekers" list. It's supposed to signify us losers that are on the outside looking in every week. :-t

you can add me to that list. Im yet to score points, and i also successfully predicted the winners last week. Im seriously thinking im cursed, everyone has points but me :~( ...

..and you
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:17 pm

terrible news mercer. i got points (190) in this weeks pick 3, so i have to leave your club. im really really sorry.

Good new is, i found out why youre so bad at pick 3. After looking at your picks for this week, i determined that you picked the wrong winner in EACH game. Once you fix that, you should be off and running ;-D
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:35 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Good new is, i found out why youre so bad at pick 3. After looking at your picks for this week, i determined that you picked the wrong winner in EACH game. Once you fix that, you should be off and running ;-D

That's the first time I've done that. Most weeks I only miss one.

Either way, I just can't seem to figure it out. I still have quite a few chances, but I'm getting frustrated as to how to get some points...any points...even 10!

We need to have a reverse Pick 3 one of these weeks where you try to get the worst score possible...closest to 0 wins (no negative numbers allowed). :-? Maybe I'd be better at that.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:38 pm

I think Ive scored minimal points in 2 weeks. usually I miss out by a lot though. maybe you can take a hint from the uber awesome champ, me. dont overanalyze. I ususally just say, oh crappy defense, they will score a lot. takes about a minute to pick each game. its been somewhat successful :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:52 am

portisfan24 wrote:I think Ive scored minimal points in 2 weeks. usually I miss out by a lot though. maybe you can take a hint from the uber awesome champ, me. dont overanalyze. I ususally just say, oh crappy defense, they will score a lot. takes about a minute to pick each game. its been somewhat successful :-b

I took your advice this time, portisfan. I just picked some relative numbers with whoever I thought would win.

Could this be the week I finally get to end my whining in this horrid thread? :-?

By my fuzzy math and some calculating, it appears that I will finish somewhere between 15th and 30th place. Woohoo! Pick 3 pointage! :-° :-° :-°
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk