Need trade advice S. Alexander & C. Martin w\others - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need trade advice S. Alexander & C. Martin w\others

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need trade advice S. Alexander & C. Martin w\others

Postby Anasazi1300 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:22 pm

Should I trade Shaun Alexander and Johnie Morton for
Curtis Martin, Kevan Barlow, and Quadry Ismail?
Anasazi1300

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:00 am

Your league already started? Is it a keeper league? Then I'd think twice about trading Shaun Alexander. For just one more season you could trust in Martin's production but he's not getting younger...

If it's a single-season league and you need a RB as backup (Barlow) it still looks like a trade you should look to modify! Try to get a better WR...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CoPlayer » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:45 pm

I wouldn't take this trade. Both your players are better than his three, so you seem to have a nice pat hand. Generally, you want to be careful about trading quality for quantity. The superstuds take you the distance, while a roster full of 2nd tier players won't. If the third player (in this case Barlow) had some strong upside (i.e., high risk, high reward), then maybe. Fred Taylor comes to mind. But Barlow doesn't quite qualify in my book.
CoPlayer

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:51 pm

Well, you're right, quality is always better than quantity and Alexander is very good, but Martin's not far behind. If you don't also downgrade your WR spot you might want to give it a try
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dabears » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:40 am

Morton is gonna be a Sleeper player of the year and even though Alexander only has a step on Martin...it could be the one that is gonna be the one step that could make you be from 2nd to 1st.
Dabears
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk