12th and 13th..phhh!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

12th and 13th..phhh!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12th and 13th..phhh!!

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun May 11, 2003 8:00 pm

Came across this poll on cbs forums..........
Which pick is BEST?

Poll Results
first

second or third

forth or fifth

sixth or seventh

eighth or ninth

tenth or eleventh

twelvth

I don't understand the 3 votes for last pick,,,big deal you get 12 and 13,,I guess it also depends on which player you want 1st,,,,,,,the only thing I do know,,is not tooo many people like getting that first pick.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby hayesb26 » Sun May 11, 2003 8:08 pm

i agree with 4-5 picks.. but not 12.. i never like to have 1,2,11,12 anything else is fine with me
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 am

A lot of people dont like the pressure of back to back picks at either end of the scale.

Me I love it ;-D EXCEPT in the boob draft, its no fun waiting so long there.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Indy Dragons » Mon May 12, 2003 6:55 am

Call me crazy, but I actually like the 12th pick (and the back-to-back picks). I also like picks that are close to the back-to-back picks (o.2 and e.11 or o.11 and e.2). Why? In most drafts I have ever been in, they are 'slow', and when you pick in the middle, it just seems like there is never any 'rest' time. When I pick near the 'turn', and it is close to my first pick, I have about four guys selected to pick, and usually they will last both of my picks. Then I can 'rest' for about a whole round ('pee break', 'beer break', etc.), and easily catch up on the next round before my pick.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Mon May 12, 2003 11:52 am

As long as TO and/or Marvin Harrison continue slipping that far, I love picking 12th/13th.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cupertino_11 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:07 am

I agree 9er. Anyone ever select two stud WR's in the first and second round and have a successful season? Just wondering.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Tue May 13, 2003 8:25 am

we'll find out...Lil Joey just pulled off that trick in our League (NKL) just recently. It actually threw some of us for a loop. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his draft pans out, as well as his season.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue May 13, 2003 8:42 am

Slowkidz wrote:we'll find out...Lil Joey just pulled off that trick in our League (NKL) just recently. It actually threw some of us for a loop. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his draft pans out, as well as his season.

Yep.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CVhawk » Tue May 13, 2003 11:01 am

49er I am right there with ya.I play in a 8 team re-draft league.Our draft order went as follows:1-8,8-7,7-6,6-5,5-4,well you get the picture.Yours truly had the 8 pick.When it was my turn to pick Moss and Harrison were both available.I had Moss ranked slightly higher on my board.LOL.But the first two years in the league I had Manning and Harrison.So what was I to do?Grab what I feel is and has been the best QB-WR tandem for a couple of years now,or go with two playmaking wideouts?Thats when I pulled off a vikingesque shocker on draft day.I split up my combo,deciding to take the steady Manning and team him with Moss instead of Harrison.I know what your thinking.HORRIBLE!Well I couldn't pass on Manning.He is a no risk pick and I try to get as many consistant producers as I can.Like I said earlier I had Moss rated higher than Harrison on my board.I felt he would have an MVP type year.But to my delight,Culpepper and Boston went right before my 3rd round pick and still got Harrison!Thats right Marvin Harrison with the 2nd pick in the third round.Well im sure you can imagine the feeling I had at this point.Throw in getting Portis and Henry in the 15th and 23rd rounds(we start 2DL and 3-4LBs or 3-4DBs so draft is alot longer) and there you have it:2002 JFFL League Champs.Damn did I even answer the ?.I love having 8-9 in the way we do our draft but 12-13 is a little long to wait even though you get two back to back.But it does make it easier to draft.There is usually two guys you are debating this way you can get them both.As for the two WRs I would think long and hard if I could get two of the big three!
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joester » Tue May 13, 2003 11:07 am

well, im tryign anew strategy this year in teh NKL. I picked Owens and Harrison in the first two rounds, but only because it thought that all the no risk first round RB's had been picked. Now I gotta wait a while before selecting again, but I do have a few sleeper RBs up my sleeve im just hping they last til 3.12, 4.1
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk