Is Rice going to get his catch and leave the game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Rice going to get his catch and leave the game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Rice going to get his catch and leave the game?

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:14 pm

He didn't play much in the game as a whole and was only thrown to 5 times. It was discussed on ESPN that he may simply be in there to keep his streak alive.

He was considered close to useless before the season - is there any reason to think about having this guy on your roster?
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 pm

he will probably suck fantasy wise this year....but that would be really gay if they put him in until he got one catch and then benched him.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby marvin88 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:31 pm

i don't think he's worth anything fantasywise. although i tinkered with the idea because rices has 194, maybe 195, receiving tds. he's got 10rushing tds which is why he's got over 200. it still may turn out that if the raiders season turns to shit they may do everything they can to help get rice 5 or 6tds to get to 200 receiving tds which would be an almost unbreakable record, not that it isn't already but it would be a huge milestone. that being said i don't think it's going to happen but it was one of those little things that i saw and never got to tell anybody so here it is. ;-)
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby MadScott » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:15 pm

It was mentioned yesterday on a SF station that Ronald Curry will start to figure more prominently into the Raiders WR rotation. This should all but shut the door on Jerry Rice having any kind of fantasy value whatsoever. He'll get his catch and then have a seat, barring injury.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk