League Advice Needed...Please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League Advice Needed...Please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:05 pm

You're saying that passing TDs were 6 last year, and 4 prior to that, right? Now you're the new Commish and people want to change it back to 4, after week one? No way.
I understand if people are upset because it changed from 4 to six last year due to an "oversight", but you gotta check the league scoring system before you draft, especially if there was a problem last year. It was 4, then 6, and was again posted for all to see as 6 for this year. Pretty easy. I don't think there's any way you can change it back to 4 just because some owners were negligent in their basic pre-draft preparations. I'd bet these whiners have crappy QBs. :-t
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby whataboutdafins » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm

Leave it the same...it is the owners responsibility to keep up on the rules.
Marino for President!!
whataboutdafins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Budman_ffc » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:27 pm

It needs to be left as is. Even if the majority voted to change it because they didn't draft accordingly, it would not be right to penalize those that did their homework and drafted accordingly. For future reference, rules should not be changed after the draft unless there was a major oversight (i.e. an item not discussed in the rules one way or the other). My league gives each owner a printed copy of the rules and we quickly go over them right before the draft. This seems to work well for us.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

The dumb masses

Postby chefmoby » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:32 pm

My friend the league you have must be full of Dumb asses. They knew of the changes I hope. I am a commssioner in one league( for 8 years) and co-commissioner in another ( for 4 years) and if you do not vote on all decisions as far as rules and scoring well then the people in your league are fools (dumb fools). If this scoring system was voted in before and now it is not advantageous for them now well tough shit. They could have tried to get a new vote b4 the season started and change it (once again dumb fools, or this time masses). Once the season starts and the rules and scoring system are in place, then next year is the next time they can be ruled upon. The NFL has an owners meeting every spring to update or change rules and new scoring systems or procedures. That is what we do every year in all three of my leagues and as a NEW commissioner (hang in there and take the bulls by the horn) just tell them this. Also vote on this system as far as how you will all handle all in-season rulings and changes in the off season in a meeting and voting session. Most likely it will be decidingly approved.

Lter bro
The Chef
The Chef
SFL 1989, 1990, 1994
ATFFL 1995, 1996, 2003,2004,2005
NFFL 2003, 2006 Champion
chefmoby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Location: Buffalo, the land of cold weather, cold beer and warm women with warm .....

Previous

Return to Football Talk