Portis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Portis

Postby sha » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:53 pm

Seems like guys are trying to unload Portis suddenly. is there something to be concerned about with this guy is right. I don't want to get dooped into giving half my squad up for this guy.
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:59 pm

not really - he is a solid top tier RB. Im not sure of the asking price, but if someone is trying to dump him, I would recommend you oblige.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:47 pm

I think people are trying to unload him because he got a majority of his points this week on one long run and didnt do much else. Sometimes people look into stats way to hard. That kind of stuff happens all the time to the big names and that is why they are good. Take Portis if you can get him for a reasonable price. Randy Moss had a horrible game, but caught two dinky TD's. People are not unloading him even though there was a 6 link post about Harrison on the same topic. It is your job to take advantage of those that panic.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Burgundy&Gold » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:55 pm

I agree with Musky. 148 yards is 148 yards wheter it comes on 2 carries or 200. And, a touchdown is a touchdown. Yeah, if you can snag Portis without offering up you're whole squad, TAKE THE DEAL. Remember, Portis is not only good and an offensive centerpiece, but he's got the advantage of an offensive line coached by Joe Bugel which will definitely bust ass to help him get his yards and TD's.
Burgundy&Gold
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:19 pm

Burgundy&Gold wrote:I agree with Musky. 148 yards is 148 yards wheter it comes on 2 carries or 200. And, a touchdown is a touchdown. Yeah, if you can snag Portis without offering up you're whole squad, TAKE THE DEAL. Remember, Portis is not only good and an offensive centerpiece, but he's got the advantage of an offensive line coached by Joe Bugel which will definitely bust ass to help him get his yards and TD's.

Not to mention how young he is. Grab him, especially if it's a keeper/dynasty league.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk