Back to the cowboys and Vikings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Back to the cowboys and Vikings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Back to the cowboys and Vikings

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:38 pm

Sorry guys for bringing this up again....but I haven't been able to get online in a couple days to get invovled in all the talk.

I'm just glad to see the trends of last year going the right way....If you don't know what I'm talking about it's this:

Week 1 2003: Atlanta beats Dallas 27-13

Weeks 1-6 2003: The Vikings are 6-0

End of the year:

Cowboys in the playoffs and the Vikings sitting on the sidelines watching again. Isn't that all that matters? Where you finish? Not where you start. You Vikings fans should know that by now with that choke show you call a team. I mean come on....all you had to do was beat the Cards. But enjoy the early part of the season. I know it's all you have. :-D
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:34 pm

It's OK to bring it up...They beat us fair and square.

It sucks, but it's fair.

But you are correct, it's the end of the season that counts.

I'm glad QC is gone. I hope Vinnie can hang in there long enough to school Drew. I gladly await the dawning of the age of JJ.

And Keyshawn got me some decent points!

Cowboys fa life, beeyatches! ;-)

Oh yeah, if the paper bag doesn't show up it's only because I'm incompetent, not because I'm not willing to take losing like a man. If the mods can, and want to, maybe they can fix it - I'll go an extra week if need be to make up for not doing it so far.

OG.
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:46 pm

Culpepper made the cowboys look like a bunch of no talent bums, it was pathetic.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:59 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:Culpepper made the cowboys look like a bunch of no talent bums, it was pathetic.

Vinny did the same thing to the Vikes D with out all the points. It's no secret the Cowboys secondary is questionable with no #2 CB and Woodson out for a while. But like I said, last year they were embarrassed by the Falcons in week 1. I'd rather get beat down by the Vikings then the Falcons. But which team was in the playoffs last year? Thats my point, 1 game doesn't mean anything....and to the Vikings 6 games doesn't mean much cause they always find a way to choke.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:02 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Culpepper made the cowboys look like a bunch of no talent bums, it was pathetic.

Vinny did the same thing to the Vikes D with out all the points. It's no secret the Cowboys secondary is questionable with no #2 CB and Woodson out for a while. But like I said, last year they were embarrassed by the Falcons in week 1. I'd rather get beat down by the Vikings then the Falcons. But which team was in the playoffs last year? Thats my point, 1 game doesn't mean anything....and to the Vikings 6 games doesn't mean much cause they always find a way to choke.

IM sure if you could choose whether the cowboys were to win or lose that game, youd pick win. 1 game does mean alot, as did the last gmae of the year for the viknigs last year. EVERY win counts
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:57 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

IM sure if you could choose whether the cowboys were to win or lose that game, youd pick win. 1 game does mean alot, as did the last gmae of the year for the viknigs last year. EVERY win counts

Obviously we want to win but we know it's not the end of the world either. Last year it looked like we were headed toward another 5-11 season when we got beat by the Vick-less Falcons. However we did turn it around and we did make the playoffs. I'm confident we'll improve.
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:34 am

Sure. But the Rawdawg was talking as if it was a good thing the cowboys lost, and obviously it wasnt. Im aware the season isnt over for the boys, but im also aware that could have been a big game come crunch time (2 teams competing for wildcard spots?)
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:58 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Sure. But the Rawdawg was talking as if it was a good thing the cowboys lost, and obviously it wasnt. Im aware the season isnt over for the boys, but im also aware that could have been a big game come crunch time (2 teams competing for wildcard spots?)

Dude, where did I ever say it was a good thing? I just pointed out we got embarrassed last year by a team that was far inferior to this years Vikings squad and we still made the playoffs. The first game doesn't mean much. It's how you're playing at the end of the season. Did you know the last 3 super bowls winners started either 0-2 or 1-1? Did you know 18 of the last 24 playoff teams started either 1-1 or 0-2? I'm not all that worried about the cowboys losing on the road to a team many are picking to win the super bowl. Especially since they stated last season losing to a worse team.

BTW, 1-1 and going in the right direction!!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Back to the cowboys and Vikings

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:04 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm just glad to see the trends of last year going the right way....If you don't know what I'm talking about it's this:

Week 1 2003: Atlanta beats Dallas 27-13

Weeks 1-6 2003: The Vikings are 6-0

this made it sounds like you thought it was a good thing.. or at least that you were trying to convince people it was a good thing.. thtas all
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Postby undercovermn » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:39 pm

It's nice to see guys remain so loyal to their team, but the only things the Boys have going for them is their coach and a decent D. JJ is a bust if George can start over him like today, and when Vinny goes down with an injury (and he will, believe me) Dallas will SUCK. They'll still give people good games, but don't expect better than 8-8 from them this year (and THAT'S just because Parcells is the coach!!).
undercovermn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting