Burress or M.Robinson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Burress or M.Robinson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burress or M.Robinson?

Postby Dirtbags » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:43 pm

What's the latest on Burress and the hit he took? Was it early in the game? Did he return afterward?

I'm thinking about dropping him to pick-up M.Robinson who looks like he might be good for 4-5 catches a game, 50-75 yards and a TD every other game which sounds pretty good compared to what Burress has done the last year plus week 1.
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:52 pm

You're crazy to even think that MRob=Plax.Burress is fine from what I know and still in a contract year...Robinson is the one that has an injury history.Don't expect these #'s from him on a weekly basis.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:03 pm

Stick with Burress. This is a good example of the week one jitters that just kills teams, and makes others. Burress is still, by far, a better WR and fantasy option than Robinson. Burleson and Campbell will get plenty of looks from CPepp. Basically, in Minny, it's #2 WR by committee. Plax is still #2 by default, and the better option.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:17 pm

d00d, marcus can't even touch plaxiglass in terms of talent, and I don't know how closely you follow the injury reports, but Robinson has been nursing the same injury since like Pop Warner days ;-) Don't drop anyone for him for an "injury replacement", cause damn right he'll need to be replaced...Keep plax ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:21 pm

Burress for sure, that guy's amazing.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AmericanPsycho » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:49 pm

From a pure talent stand point Burress is the better option. However, now that Pitt is going to a run first and last approach, I think Robinson is going to put up better numbers. R Moss is going to demand double coverage most of the time leaving Robinson open. And if you remember Robinson put up 1400 yards and 9 TD's a few years back in 1999 when he was healthy. Ward is going to get most of the looks in Pittsburgh as most defenses will try to focus on stopping the run. I don't care if its Burress's contract year or not. If you aren't getting balls thrown your way you aren't going to put up points. Ward was targeted 8 times vs Buresses's 3. Moss was targeted 8 times vs Robinson's 5. While the Vikings may target their recievers differently each week, I think Pittsburgh will pretty much keep the same ratio of passes thrown give or take a few. Burress is going to get the occasional long TD pass or some redzone looks but he is not going to be consistant enough this year to warrant an every week start because of Pitt getting back to their running roots. That is coming from a huge Pittsburgh fan.
AmericanPsycho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cbrowns » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:59 pm

This is one of those that could definitely go either way. But look at it this way: culpepper is the best qb in the league right now, throwing for probably the best passing offense for this year. Even the #3 WR on a team like that will probably outpace Plaxico. The steelers do look more like the running team from 3 years ago with bettis. That doesn't spell a career year for Hines, let alone plax. Tough call regardless, but I think Marcus Rob will wind up with about 10-20% more fantasy points by the end of the year.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:01 pm

TTTBone wrote:Stick with Burress. This is a good example of the week one jitters that just kills teams, and makes others. Burress is still, by far, a better WR and fantasy option than Robinson. Burleson and Campbell will get plenty of looks from CPepp. Basically, in Minny, it's #2 WR by committee. Plax is still #2 by default, and the better option.

Kelly Campbell played for one series, in relief of Moss if I remember right. Burleson is the #3 receiver (granted, in Minny's offense that means you're on the field nearly every down), and Robinson got more looks. I could see Burleson challenging Robinson for #2, but probably not this year, and the difference between #2 and #3 in Minny isn't much. With that high powered offense there's a lot of balls to go around. I think Plax has more talent, but that Pittsburgh offense is suspect at best. Plus, Ward got more receptions than the rest of the team combined. I think Marcus Robinson will have a better season than Plaxico Burress.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk