What WR would be equal to Q. Griffin right now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What WR would be equal to Q. Griffin right now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teck » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:17 pm

Yeah..
I was thinking maybe mason..
but hines/cjohnson should be about right
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tman570 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:44 pm

Yea, ward or Johnson sounds about right but TO is a strech.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Trap » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:36 am

I traded Griffin for Holt. And then picked up T.Bell. Heh..
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:38 pm

Just think of where you would draft him if you were having a draft right now. I think you should get a WR that was drafted around that spot. I drafted him in the 4th round of all my leagues and I bet he'd be going late first round, early second, making TO not a stretch at all. If anyone wants to argue this point, do you think Fred Taylor will end up w/a better year than Q-Tip? I don't.
Also, you've got to figure out if that trade will help his team more than it's helping you. You may benefit now but if he ends up beating you for the championship w/Griffin, maybe it wasn't such a good trade... in other words he might be doing more good for you on your bench than in someone else's hands.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PatsFan007 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 pm

Those are some awesome points MrTwo94. Griffins schedule looks like the easiest vs. the run in the NFL. However, I've been offered CJ and with S. Moss and Stallworth as my best WRs I'm thinking about taking it. It kills me because every thing I read about Griffin says he's the real deal!

I'll still have Edge, Lewis and T. Henry. Even if Lewis isn't avail because of court. Henry's schedule looks easy during the final weeks. Decisions, Decisions!
Last edited by PatsFan007 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatsFan007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: What WR would be equal to Q. Griffin right now?

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:18 pm

PatsFan007 wrote:I'm ok at RB with Edge, Lewis, Henry and Griffin. I've been offered D. Mason from one guy and Chambers from another. I could really use another good receiver. I'm hurting with S. Moss and Stallworth. I also have a hurting Calico who I'm thinking about droping for Clayton who's avail on the WW.

Anybody have any idea of what's a fair value for Griffin right now? I doubt I can expect a top 5 WR or can I?

I wouldnt go lower than CJ or Ward either. But something else to think about is that you are so stacked at RB, id maybe try and pass J. Lewis and his problems off to someone else (R. Moss?) or a double upgrade at WR. You got a lot to play with, but make sure you get your moneys worth
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby theBigHouse » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:47 pm

I drafted a little while before the season and was therefore able to land A Green, Taylor, Dillon, Brown, AND QTip.... that said, I was also looking to trade Q while his value was high.... and I just found out today that my offer of Q for Holt (the guy had Alexander) went through!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped... now I've got Holt and Ward (the only non RB I drafted in first several rounds) to go with Green and my choice of the other RB's mentioned. SOLID

and sorry if it just sounds like i'm boasting.. but the point was to say I got something as great as HOLT for Q
theBigHouse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:03 pm

If you're not being offered what you think is fair value then trade away one of your other backs like Edge or Henry.

I think the reason that you want to trade Q tip is because he is an unproven rook who has had a big game. You think that you are selling high (well if not selling high at least selling somebody who is more potential than sure fire stud) and so does everybody else in your league.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:10 pm

My thinking is that you should deal a Barlow/Taylor/Henry type before you deal QGriff. They had higher valuations built into them (high 2nd rd picks), and therefore might still be considered more valuable in a trade. Try and see if you can get that elite WR for one.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby treerucker_ffc » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:10 pm

i have faulk, edge , and q griff...............

I am offered horn and steven davis for q griff and reggie wayne.,

and i lost steve smith for the year.......

do it?>
or what?
treerucker_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk