Keyshawn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keyshawn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keyshawn

Postby nsulham » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:30 pm

Key was the most targeted player in Week 1, meaning he was thrown to more than anyone else (15 looks), continuing a nice carryover from preseason.

It's obvious as long as Vinny is standing upright, Keyshawn will be a pretty nice option at WR, particularly point-per-reception leagues.

But, do you guys see this as a trend? Will Key continue to get 8-10 catches a game? Granted the TD's might not be there but you can't deny he's getting the ball.

Thoughts?
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:33 pm

i dunno, any given game dallas could be ahead and they go straight to clock draining runs. I just don't see dallas passing that much and if they do, who frickin knows who will benefit. Keyshawn shouldn't be on the WW, but I wouldn't trade the farm for him.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:28 pm

I wouldn't say that they are going to be throwing the ball 50 times every game so I think those #s that he posted are a bit inflated. That being said, he and Vinny have always clicked so I don't see why it wouldn't continue.

Do you have a link to the 3 of times targetted?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:17 pm

New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:30 pm

I don't see why you can't expect numbers at least approaching that neighborhood all year. Keyshawn always gets targeted by QBs because he takes pride in the fact that he loves going over the middle, and doesn't mind taking big hits. Parcells will continue calling routes into the soft middle of zones, which means not too many yards after catch, and usually a headache for the receiver, but a ton of possession-type catches. Couple that with the fact that Dallas sucks really bad and will be playing from behind all year (hence throwing a lot) and he should have a decent yardage/low TD year, much like the rest of his career.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:31 pm

Vinny looked for him a lot in the preseason. And while I don't expect as much passing in the games to come Keyshawn should still get a good deal of looks. I doubt Keyshawn's abilities but he may see enough passes his way to put up respectable totals.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk