Drafting Order - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drafting Order

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drafting Order

Postby MaynardsHead » Thu May 15, 2003 12:36 pm

Quick question. I'm a 2nd yr FFballer and I'm in a 10 person league. Just normal stuff. 3 RB, 3 WR, TE, D (special teams ydg included) QB and K. What rounds should I go for the less obvious picks aside from RB and WR?
MaynardsHead

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu May 15, 2003 12:44 pm

That is a tough question. You shouldn't go wrong picking the best player available, or by Value Based Drafting.

I normally don't start looking for a TE, PK, D/ST until later in the draft, BUT if TB D/ST was available in the 9th round, I'd probably take them there.

If that is your starting lineup requirements (3 RB), then you really need to concentrate on RBs early and often!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Thu May 15, 2003 1:25 pm

I agree with Indy, its tough to make the call in advance.

Depends on who is available as your turn to pick comes up, depends on your scoring system.

Take the best player available to you when its your turn., assuming you have filled your RB spots.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Roseman » Thu May 15, 2003 9:01 pm

I agree too it is a very tough call to start drafting someof the lesser positions. You have to go with the feel of the draft but at the same time you want to be a trend setter and not a follower

Here are some pointers I have discovered a even the best TE will only get as many points as a thrid WR

There isnt much difference between the #1 kicker and the #10 kicker points wise so never make a hasty pick.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby MaynardsHead » Fri May 16, 2003 8:09 am

Thanks, guys. Last year, I took Favre in the 3rd, but from talk, unless you're going for one of the top two QBs in the league, which I'm focusing on RBs initially, I think it could wait until the 4th or 5th rnds. Oh, well, got plenty of time until draft day and I've been doing research everyday, so I think I'll fair pretty well.
MaynardsHead

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk