This was too funny not to share - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

This was too funny not to share

Moderator: Football Moderators

This was too funny not to share

Postby bagobonez » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:38 pm

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/2004-0121-eagles.html

Media Advances McNabb, Eagles to Super Bowl

Despite falling to the Carolina Panthers 14-3 in the NFL Championship Game on Sunday, Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl because McNabb is black. The Eagles moved on after the media refused to acknowledge the Panthers victory due to their undying support for McNabb, who threw three interceptions and was injured in the loss.
“Black quarterbacks have overcome too much to have one of the most prominent black quarterbacks of all time saddled with having lost three-straight conference championship games,” said Dave Loweski, a football writer for the Associated Press who spoke for his brethren in a hastily-called media press conference following the game. “For that reason, and because we love Donovan McNabb so much, the media will not recognize the Carolina Panthers as the NFC champions, nor will we cover the Super Bowl if the NFL does not advance the Eagles to the game in Carolina’s place.”

League officials quickly ceded to the immensely powerful football media’s demands, sending the Eagles on to Houston to play the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVIII on February 1st.

Members of the Panthers were upset to learn of the media’s decision, but to a man they said they were not surprised by the move.

“Sure, it was difficult to hear that the results on the field didn’t matter and that we didn’t make the Super Bowl,” said Carolina coach John Fox, “but I have to admit I’m not all that surprised. This is what you get when you cast your lot with a white quarterback. The media just won’t let you succeed.”

Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme agreed. “I’m white – what can I expect?” he wondered aloud. “No one in society or in the media will ever be on my side. That’s just how it is these days. All I can hope is that Donovan wins the Super Bowl so the media can even the playing field again for us whites.”

The Eagles were thankful for the media’s willingness to step in and prevent an injustice to their quarterback – a move which also prevented the entire team from possessing the stigma of being the first team ever to lose back-to-back conference championships at home.

“We were pretty sure that Donovan’s blackness would be enough to get us through to the Super Bowl,” said Eagles running back Duce Staley, “but when he left the game and we put a white guy, Koy Detmer, in his place, we were worried it would anger the media and that they wouldn’t let us advance. But thankfully that didn’t happen.”

“The media has always been good to me,” said McNabb. “I’ve never put up outstanding numbers or won a championship, but they’ve always stuck with me. Together we can do great things.”
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:42 pm

Hehehe. I have a feeling this will get some responses.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby nsulham » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:54 pm

Yeah I just got the weirdest case of deja vu. Wasn't it close to around this time last year when the whole Limbaugh thing started, then someone posted something like this soon after?

:-?
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:06 am

bagobonez....although I almost always disagree with your viewpoints, I must say, this was a very good read, even though I am very pro-McNabb. Hmmmm.....could this be because I graduated with a degree in journalism? ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:31 am

hahaha nice.

“We were pretty sure that Donovan’s blackness would be enough to get us through to the Super Bowl,” said Eagles running back Duce Staley,

haha best line ive heard in a while
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:04 am

Isn't there enough McNabb bashing in this forum?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Monty » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:36 am

hahaha, great read!
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:43 am

nice
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 pm

That was great... :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:43 pm

lol good read
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums