Best OFF/DEF playbooks in Madden 2005 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Best OFF/DEF playbooks in Madden 2005

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:50 am

Free Bagel wrote:Chicago on O and 46 on D.

And corner routes have been the money route every year jumpy ;).9

Not so much as this year it seems to me, especially online...and especially with fast receivers like Bethel Johnson, Stallworth, Hall, Coles...
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:09 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Chicago on O and 46 on D.

And corner routes have been the money route every year jumpy ;).9

Not so much as this year it seems to me, especially online...and especially with fast receivers like Bethel Johnson, Stallworth, Hall, Coles...

In 2002 it was riduculous. That shotgun 3wr play called deep corner would literally get you 30 yards EVERY time, there was literally no play that could stop it unless you covered it manually. Also if you lobbed a corner route the WR would go up and get it every time b/c he would always have inside position.

Last year corners were a little less effective, but still completely broken. They added in some new animations for DB's specifically for corner routes.

This year they're even less effective in general, but if you run them one certain way--wait until the WR gets close to the sidelines and then throw a bullet, they still work often enough to be considered broken. The really gay thing is that the "real" way corner routes are run in real life (lobs over the shoulder) doesn't work because it was abused, but the "fake" way actually does work to the point where it's kind of broken.
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:07 am

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Gotta go with Atlanta if you have a mobile QB.

I like 4-3 or QB Contain on D.

yeah, i have to agree with you
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:23 am

I use Houston's O, but only because it's the one I've used from the start. I used ATL's a bit last year and it worked well with Vick, but yeah you need a mobile QB for that. Lotsa nice plays for HOU though, and with all the hooks, my 3D% is always sky high. 3rd and short (less than ~2), FB dive. 3rd and longer than 2, hook to the #2 WR. I don't do that all the time, cuz it'd be boring, but my #2 WR rarely has more than 5 YAC. And my 3rd WR usually piles up the yards.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Video Games