Will Tampa Bay D shut out Seahawks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Tampa Bay D shut out Seahawks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Burgundy&Gold » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:07 am

Ok sorry, you're right. The center stepped on Brunnell who then fell back into Portis as Brunnell was tryin to hand the ball off. Thus, the ball slammed into Portis' chest and ricocheted off for a fumble which was then recovered by TB for the touchdown.

Anyway, the point was that TB's only score came from a complete blunder by the Skins offense.
Burgundy&Gold
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby klgreen1973 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:09 am

PSU42 wrote:No!! Seattle's offence is better than Washington's offence.

Dido.......Final score....SEA 31, TB 16.
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:52 am

It was the offense's fault, not the defenses, that Tampa lost to the Skins. They held Washington to 16 and scored the majority of the points. Tampa will be a good starting D this year, though Seattle is looking like one of the least favorable matchups.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:03 am

The over/under on the Seattle/TB game is 37 - the second lowest this week behind only the Pitt/Balt game (at 35 1/2).

I think that the TB D is getting way too much respect. It won't be a shootout because both defenses are pretty decent but I expect them to score combined, over 40. TB will not be able to shut down the Seattle offense.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:14 am

TBs linebackers are still pretty solid between Brooks, Quarles, and Gold. I think their secondary is actually pretty suspect. They have Ronde Barber who I have always felt was overrated, and after that you are talking about some pretty marginal DBs and safeties.

Feel free to start SEA's WRs with confidence.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:17 am

Tampa won't shut Seattle down, but I can see them containing Seattle to an extent. After Portis' long run, they did a nice job of shutting down the running game. Don't under estimate this defense. I do expect Seattle to put up 20+ points however, and either K-Rob of D-Jax is going to have a big game.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:47 am

Ahhhhhh, just enjoying the Hawks love...you know, it's kinda nice when your team doesn't suck. Not a feeling Hawks fans have had a lot.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby PSU All Day » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 pm

The problem for the Tampa defense is the Tampa Offense. The Defense is going to be on the field a lot in this game as Seattle's defense will be getting a lot of three and outs.

The best player on the Seahawks this week might just be the punt returner if you are in a league that rewards return yardage.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:13 pm

there are certain players you don't sit, we all know this.....and every year there is a team or two or three who have KILLER offences,,,the Rams of a couple years ago comes to mind,,,,,the Chiefs,,,,,,blah blah blah,,I think Seattle is that team this year,,well I hope so anyhow....Alexander, DJax and Hass should be started everyweek regardless of who they are playing ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:16 pm

Seattle should still score quite a few points. I'm even sitting the Tampa D in favor of Buffalo (@Oak).
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk