Your opinion on this Big Trade: Yeah or Nay? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Your opinion on this Big Trade: Yeah or Nay?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your opinion on this Big Trade: Yeah or Nay?

Postby Chicago » Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:17 am

I give:

J. Fiedler
L. Tomlinson

I get:

D. Bledsoe.
R. Moss
F. Taylor

My Roster:

QB Fiedler, Jay
QB Couch, Tim
WR Chambers, Chris
WR Tim Brown
RB Tomlinson, LaDainian
RB George, Eddie (
TE Wycheck, Frank
WR/RB James, Edgerrin
K Elam, Jason
Bench Stewart, Kordell
Bench Brunell, Mark
Bench Morgan, Quincy

D Winborn, Jamie
D Johnson, Joe
DL Boulware, Peter
DL Abraham, John
DB Plummer, Ahmed
DB Barber, Ronde
Bench Harrison, Rodney

I see it as I'm losing some offense by giving away Tomlinson for Taylor. But I'm gaining some by getting Randy Moss and starting him over Chris Chambers. That leaves Fiedler for Bledsoe. What do you guys think? Should I make this trade?

*edit* keep in mind that by getting Moss, it would reduce Chris Chambers to a bench role. so in a way, I'd be losing a third player in the deal, although I could try to trade one of my WR's later. Easier said then done, of course.
Chicago
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:53 am

I'd look at the Tomlinson-Taylor part of the deal not so much as losing offense, but as taking on additional risk.

I'd probably make this trade, but you have to decide how much risk is right for you. If you do accept the offer, start working on a deal involving Chambers, and see if you can add Mack to your bench.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:51 am

id do this trade but youd MUST pick up the backup for taylor or james preferably mack because hes the better of the backups i say this because you would have to play either taylor or james every week so you need stability in there. then you could play 3 WR of moss, brown, and chambers which i could see as very leathal
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:47 pm

As long as you can get Stacey Mack, it's a trade. Taylor is really talented, and if he can stay healthy, he might match Tomlinson's yardage number this year. Big if, but you get Moss and Bledsoe as well.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk