Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis?

Postby Shockers » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:52 pm

I know Julius Jones is in the dog house with Parcells this year from "tapping out," but I saw him in preseason and this guy has a ton of speed. How long before he takes over the starting gig in Dallas? Right now Eddie George and Richie Anderson are doing absolutely nothing to help there cause.

So where would you rank Julius Jones' potential this season among these other backs?

Julius Jones
Lamar Gordon
Tiki Barber
Chris Brown
Kevin Jones
Tyrone Wheatley
Lee Suggs
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:08 pm

Julius Jones
Lamar Gordon
Tiki Barber
Chris Brown
Kevin Jones
Tyrone Wheatley
Lee Suggs

Chris Brown (could easily put up 1,300 and 10 TD's if he stays healthy)

Tiki Barber (is the best pure RB next to Brown, but Dayne's influence hurts him)

Julius Jones (Has probably a better offensive line than Kevin Jones does in Detroit)

Kevin Jones (Is talented, pure and simple, but I wonder about that O-line)

Lee Suggs (has shown potential, but needs to stay healthy and keep William Green off his heels)

Tyrone Wheatley (would be useless if not for Norv Turner's system which fits Wheatley like a glove)

Lamar Gordon (has to split time with Minor and Morris, and the DOlphins' offense is as bad as it gets)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:08 pm

Shockers wrote:So where would you rank Julius Jones' potential this season among these other backs?

Julius Jones
Lamar Gordon
Tiki Barber
Chris Brown
Kevin Jones
Tyrone Wheatley
Lee Suggs

I'd probably go

Chris Brown
Tiki Barber

Lee Suggs
Kevin Jones

Julius Jones
Lamar Gordon

Ty Wheatley
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shockers » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 pm

Thanks guys! Does anyone know if Jones' ribs are better and if he is going to start this weekend? How long before he is the feature back in Dallas?

Here is a quote from former Notre Dame coach, Bob Davie on Julius Jones:

"He had speed made for the track and a body built for the beach. Jones had a gear other running backs couldn't find, and that helped him find the field quickly at Notre Dame. "
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:33 pm

Since the other options in Dallas look like crap, I really don't see how they can't start Jones. No way Parcells goes without a running game all season and this kid is really their only hope.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Id rank him dead last from that list - right below Gordon and Tiki.
He has shown NOTHING yet. His preseason numbers are a JOKE. They all came in the 2nd half against 2nd string or worse defenses.

DAL Oline obviously cannot runblock. They are giving Testy plenty of time to throw and thats a huge plus for DAL, but to consider them a decent runblocking unit? no way.

Im sorry for the negativity in my post, but the Julie Jones wishful thinkers are getting to me.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:44 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Id rank him dead last from that list - right below Gordon and Tiki.
He has shown NOTHING yet. His preseason numbers are a JOKE. They all came in the 2nd half against 2nd string or worse defenses.

DAL Oline obviously cannot runblock. They are giving Testy plenty of time to throw and thats a huge plus for DAL, but to consider them a decent runblocking unit? no way.

Im sorry for the negativity in my post, but the Julie Jones wishful thinkers are getting to me.

Dallas ranked 12th in rushing last year with Hambrick as the starter. Yes, Troy "260 pounds" Hambrick. If he can get 950 and 5 TD's, Julius can get 1,110 and 7 TD's, given enough carries.

I'd be more worried about Reshard Lee cutting into his carries than Eddie George. George is washed up and will likely see his role reduced as the season goes on. By the way, Cornbread, Julius DID see some time with teh 1st team offense (against 1st team defenses) and averaged 4.7 a carry.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kmac » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:57 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Id rank him dead last from that list - right below Gordon and Tiki.

Dallas ranked 12th in rushing last year with Hambrick as the starter. Yes, Troy "260 pounds" Hambrick. If he can get 950 and 5 TD's, Julius can get 1,110 and 7 TD's, given enough carries.

I'd be more worried about Reshard Lee cutting into his carries than Eddie George. George is washed up and will likely see his role reduced as the season goes on. By the way, Cornbread, Julius DID see some time with teh 1st team offense (against 1st team defenses) and averaged 4.7 a carry.

Here's a thought: George was almost cut a week before the season started. They only kept him for his vet status.

11-5 Lifetime Fantasy Record with a 2nd place finish.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shockers » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:57 pm

Where did this Reshard Lee guy come from? Would he just come in to spell Jones or is he a threat to be the starter?
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:00 pm

He was on Dallas' practice squad last year, but has adequate speed and good size (5'10" 230 I think).

Honestly I think he's a threat to be the starter, or at least get 10 carries a game.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk