Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones... the next Dominic Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:15 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Comparing Julius to Domanick? What the?

Because both are/were rookies?

Domanick put up 1000 yards starting like 2/3 of the games and is a passcatching monster. Julius has done NOTHING. Comparing them now is a joke.
What had Dominack Davis done before last year? NOTHING. Blew up your dumb argument right there. I'm sure you predicted DD to do that last year. DD was an almost unknown at the beginning of the season. Julius isn't quite unknown, but he is a guy that could emerge as a starter in week 5 and do well. Im tired of your stupid flaming. He asked a question for his opinion, not declaring that JJ is the next DD. When he said Dominack Davis, he meant the DD of last year, not the 2nd round pick he was this year. Everyone is tired of your flaming garbage and wants it to stop, especially when it is based off of misinformation.


Way to make personal attacks. That is flaming. Saying that Julius has proved nothing in the NFL is not flaming...it's FACT.

How did you blow up my argument again? The Cowboy fans are singing the praises of an unknown with no experience and comparing him to a rookie who tore it up. WHERE is the comparison?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:26 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Comparing Julius to Domanick? What the?

Because both are/were rookies?

Domanick put up 1000 yards starting like 2/3 of the games and is a passcatching monster. Julius has done NOTHING. Comparing them now is a joke.
What had Dominack Davis done before last year? NOTHING. Blew up your dumb argument right there. I'm sure you predicted DD to do that last year. DD was an almost unknown at the beginning of the season. Julius isn't quite unknown, but he is a guy that could emerge as a starter in week 5 and do well. Im tired of your stupid flaming. He asked a question for his opinion, not declaring that JJ is the next DD. When he said Dominack Davis, he meant the DD of last year, not the 2nd round pick he was this year. Everyone is tired of your flaming garbage and wants it to stop, especially when it is based off of misinformation.


Way to make personal attacks. That is flaming. Saying that Julius has proved nothing in the NFL is not flaming...it's FACT.

How did you blow up my argument again? The Cowboy fans are singing the praises of an unknown with no experience and comparing him to a rookie who tore it up. WHERE is the comparison?


For the record I personally never compared him to Domanick. The only argument I've made is that Dallas' offensive line isn't that bad at run blocking, and given the opportunity to start, Julius would be better than Lamar Gordon, Wheatley, etc.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:31 pm

bagobonez wrote:For the record I personally never compared him to Domanick. The only argument I've made is that Dallas' offensive line isn't that bad at run blocking, and given the opportunity to start, Julius would be better than Lamar Gordon, Wheatley, etc.


Yeah, he's definitely better than those guys.

I think he'll be good in the NFL, but I don't think he'll put up 1000 yards this season. Plus, he's nowhere near the passcatcher Dom is. They are both running backs....that's something similar.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby P. Griffin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:34 pm

bagobonez wrote:OK, fine. That's a valid argument. But, in terms of fantasy, and in terms of whether or not Julius Jones will produce or not, it's irrelevant.


Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to speculate on whether or not Julius Jones would be valuable this year. I was pointing out that Dallas may have a weaker O-line than you think.
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 890
Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:56 pm

P. Griffin wrote:
bagobonez wrote:OK, fine. That's a valid argument. But, in terms of fantasy, and in terms of whether or not Julius Jones will produce or not, it's irrelevant.


Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to speculate on whether or not Julius Jones would be valuable this year. I was pointing out that Dallas may have a weaker O-line than you think.


Fair enough.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:17 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Comparing Julius to Domanick? What the?

Because both are/were rookies?

Domanick put up 1000 yards starting like 2/3 of the games and is a passcatching monster. Julius has done NOTHING. Comparing them now is a joke.
What had Dominack Davis done before last year? NOTHING. Blew up your dumb argument right there. I'm sure you predicted DD to do that last year. DD was an almost unknown at the beginning of the season. Julius isn't quite unknown, but he is a guy that could emerge as a starter in week 5 and do well. Im tired of your stupid flaming. He asked a question for his opinion, not declaring that JJ is the next DD. When he said Dominack Davis, he meant the DD of last year, not the 2nd round pick he was this year. Everyone is tired of your flaming garbage and wants it to stop, especially when it is based off of misinformation.


Way to make personal attacks. That is flaming. Saying that Julius has proved nothing in the NFL is not flaming...it's FACT.

How did you blow up my argument again? The Cowboy fans are singing the praises of an unknown with no experience and comparing him to a rookie who tore it up. WHERE is the comparison?
What did DD do before last year? He was an unknown with no experience. He didn't even start exculsively until week 7. So we just don't know about Julius yet. All we know is that Julius has a chance to put up similar numbers to DD last year. I don't think anybody was saying that Julius Jones would put up similar numbers to what Davis will put up this year. But I think that JJ, given the opportunity to start (which will happen sooner then later; George sucks), can put up 1,031 yards and 8 TDs. He won't get the amount of rec yards however. Personal attacks? Thats the truth also. I've lost count of the times you have made stupid, non-contributing posts that were not helpful at all. I blew up your argument because you called JJ an unproven rookie when that is exactly what Dominack Davis was last year. So where is your argument? I highly doubt you thought that Davis would emerge as a high level RB since he was #3 on the depth chart last year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby Mr. G » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:48 pm

How about this for a comparison...34=Sweetness is like Martha Stewart. Nobody knew how much of a dumbass she was until she was exposed. Well, at least she didn't expose herself like 34= does everytime he posts. I'm tired of your negativity - lighten up Francis. Go ahead and hit me with a personal attack you moron. I mean, you don't deserve to associate yourself with Walter.
Anyway, um Julius was hurt last week. You're not going to rush your back of the future into action hurt. Hear me now and believe me later, JJ will make some noise this year as a rook just like DD did last year, hence the comparison.
Mr. G
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 27
Joined: 4 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: on the Chargers bandwagon for 2006

Postby Shockers » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:08 am

Mr. G wrote:How about this for a comparison...34=Sweetness is like Martha Stewart. Nobody knew how much of a dumbass she was until she was exposed. Well, at least she didn't expose herself like 34= does everytime he posts. I'm tired of your negativity - lighten up Francis. Go ahead and hit me with a personal attack you moron. I mean, you don't deserve to associate yourself with Walter.
Anyway, um Julius was hurt last week. You're not going to rush your back of the future into action hurt. Hear me now and believe me later, JJ will make some noise this year as a rook just like DD did last year, hence the comparison.


Wow! Mr. G - not quite sure why you are attacking Sweetness on this one. He is on the same side of the argument as you. BH, I believe, may be the one you are referring to as being "like Martha Stewart."

I wouldn't want you to start off on the wrong foot. :-°
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 438
Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Washington

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 am

Sweetness, I followed your logic and it was flawless. As mentioned previously, a certain Cowboys, Vikings, and Titans-hating Eagles fan on this board still hasn't learned to read.
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:37 am

Mr. G wrote:How about this for a comparison...34=Sweetness is like Martha Stewart. Nobody knew how much of a dumbass she was until she was exposed. Well, at least she didn't expose herself like 34= does everytime he posts. I'm tired of your negativity - lighten up Francis. Go ahead and hit me with a personal attack you moron. I mean, you don't deserve to associate yourself with Walter.
Anyway, um Julius was hurt last week. You're not going to rush your back of the future into action hurt. Hear me now and believe me later, JJ will make some noise this year as a rook just like DD did last year, hence the comparison.
What are you talking about? You agreed with me! You are thinking of Brutally Huge.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:52 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact