Looking for active owner to take over squad (Sportsline) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Looking for active owner to take over squad (Sportsline)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for active owner to take over squad (Sportsline)

Postby Registered__Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 pm

A group of 16 of us play together year round and unfortunately we have one owner that is dead as a doorknob in football and baseball (the latter sport we've replaced him in). Most of us transferred over from Sandbox when they went downhill.

This is a 16-team (4 division) league using Sportsline Commissioner. This team dominated our league last year (winning the regular reason and postseason championships going 16-2).....which is why we gave this owner some slack. Week 1 he fielded an illegal roster -- getting 0 points in the process. Had we fielded any sort of legal squad, he would of won.

We keep 3 players per year. We have a yardage-point setup....you get fractions of a point for every yard. It amounts to being 1 point for every 15 yards rushing/receiving (including .25 per reception & 1 point for every 30 yards passing/return yardage). We use IDP's (1 DL/1 LB/1 DB/1 Flex)

I ask that you be active like the 15 of us. If not fully committed, please don't apply, as I'll boot you quicker than Charles Rogers' season.

You will receive the first year here for free & thereafter we charge $10 to pay for the Sportsline Commissioner. We play solely for bragging rights. The more active on our league message board, the better. I'd rather have a committed owner that loses every year than someone that adds nothing to a league but inactivity.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 2 RB/WR/TE (Off. Flex), 1 Kicker, 1 DL, 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 DL/DB/LB (Def. Flex).

Here is the roster:
QB: Jeff Garcia
QB: Vinny Test
QB: Kurt Warner
QB: Kerry Collins
RB: Lamar Gordon
RB: Willis McGahee
RB: Deshaun Foster
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Tory Holt
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Robert Ferguson
WR: Tyrone Calico
WR: Jerry Rice
WR: Reggie Williams
WR: Antonio Bryant
WR: Bryant Johnson
TE: open
K: Vanderjagt
DL: Justin Smith
LB: Akin Adoleye
DB: Jerry Azumah *IR*
Flex: Ken Hamlin

Please e-mail me at mailto:siucory@yahoo.com or leave a response (with email addy) here if interested. As mentioned, please active members only. Be prepared to join up with us as early as Week 2 this Sunday. Thanks!
Registered__Guest
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Confucian Scholars » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:55 pm

You might have to pay somebody $10 to take over THAT roster.
The trio of Moss, TO, and Holt has everybody in your league salivating over when a new owner will trade them away for a QB and RB.
Good luck!
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Registered__Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:41 pm

Confucian Scholars wrote:You might have to pay somebody $10 to take over THAT roster.
The trio of Moss, TO, and Holt has everybody in your league salivating over when a new owner will trade them away for a QB and RB.
Good luck!

The team went 16-2 (League Champion) with those 3 keepers...with A-train and Marcell Shipp as starting RB's.

Go run along and play your little 10-team Yahoo public leagues. GoodBye ;-D

*Edit: Spot filled. Thanks for showing interest for you other 3 that did. Wish we had more than 1 opening.
Registered__Guest
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jus4football » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:34 pm

Looks good for a 16 team keeper. To many QB and needs help at IDP & RB but not bad. Let me know if you still need an owner.
jus4football
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TMACDaddy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:48 pm

I want to take it over if your still looking for an owner, I'm a dedicated owner with a Fantasy Football Championship under my belt, so please LMK!
TMACDaddy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Fluffy Kittens » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:22 am

I want that team, i am an active owner, lmk.

mailto:jaymes3333@aol.com
If I google you, will you yahoo me?
Fluffy Kittens
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Classifieds