Anyone for some Suicide Pool banter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone for some Suicide Pool banter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone for some Suicide Pool banter?

Postby MassPats » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:07 pm

Spreads aside, who (other than my lock of the week, GB) do people like for Week Two? Used Philly already. Kind of scared of Pats in Arizona, for some reason.....
Brady is God....Go Pats!
MassPats
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:42 pm

I always get killed in suicide pools but how about the Pack? Opening at home against da Bears - they may not win by 9 (although they probably will) but it looks like a sure winner to me.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tman570 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:55 am

I will take New England in this pool.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:13 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I always get killed in suicide pools but how about the Pack? Opening at home against da Bears - they may not win by 9 (although they probably will) but it looks like a sure winner to me.

I'm scared of the Packers game...didn't they lose to the Bears early last year? I was like, "How does that happen; they should win that every time." I picked it up about 8th or 9th on my Ladders choices for the week.

If there were a game I would have to assume will be a win, it would be New England vs. Arizona. If you don't want them, I believe my next highest pick was New Orleans beating SF :,-( .
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby S2 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:11 am

I picked Philly the first week also, will go with NE, they don't have any locks for awhile.

I assume it's just straight up , no spread
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MassPats » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:30 am

Right, no spread involved. So I think we'd all agree (just by looking at the lines), that there are 3 target games:

Green Bay over Chicago:
First of all, Arizona beat GB last year in Week Three, not Chicago. (And that's what sort of scares me about the Pats vs. Cards this week.) Are the Bears really as bad as people think they are? Did the Packers get a bit lucky against Carolina in that "rout"?

New England over Arizona:
Don't know much about Arizona yet, except that Emmitt Smith is their RB :-t I really don't think Belichick would let Emmitt run wild or let the Cards win this game. "Good teams know how to beat bad teams." A friend of mine uttered this profound statement, but I'd have to agree with him.

New Orleans over San Francisco:
Just by virtue of the spread, this is a fairly enticing game. Once again, are the 49ers as bad as people think? The Saints only scored one TD last week, but they are playing on their turf and are probably due for a big offensive game from Deuce/Brooks/Horn.

Still not totally sold, but I'd have to go with the Pats. It's just difficult being a Pats fan and staking money on your home team, you know?
Brady is God....Go Pats!
MassPats
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby S2 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:16 pm

I based picking the Pats on the upcoming games and I don't trust NO. Also GB's game is a division rivalry those scare me as well
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:25 pm

Since its a suicide pool, I would save the Pats for later on. You could pick the Pats any game and they would be the favourites.

Picking a different team at home against a weak team is a better bet. I would stay away from NO. There is the hurricane so there is a chance that they may not even play at home. And they are a really schizophrenic team - they can look good or god awful. NO scares me too much to bet on.

Looking at the Pack's schedule this is the closest game to a sure thing for them. I don't know how you can go wrong picking the Pack at Lambeau, in their home opener, Favre healthy, against probably the weakest team in football who have still not been able to perfect their new offensive system yet.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby S2 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:45 pm

The giants are at GB soon and they also play Detroit away week 6.

However, I don't consider any of the Pats games after this week a lock until they play at Pittsburg in week 8.

All of their upcoming games are divisional and I think Buffalo, the Jets or Miami could knock them off at any time.
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:04 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I always get killed in suicide pools but how about the Pack? Opening at home against da Bears - they may not win by 9 (although they probably will) but it looks like a sure winner to me.

I'm scared of the Packers game...didn't they lose to the Bears early last year? I was like, "How does that happen; they should win that every time." I picked it up about 8th or 9th on my Ladders choices for the week.

If there were a game I would have to assume will be a win, it would be New England vs. Arizona. If you don't want them, I believe my next highest pick was New Orleans beating SF :,-( .

The Packers have beat the Bears 7 straight times. They almost lost to them early last season though, came back from 21-0 down.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk