Hurricane Ivan Week 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hurricane Ivan Week 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hurricane Ivan Week 2

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:58 pm

The damn thing just hangs around, won't go away.

It's headed for New Orleans. Yes I know the Saints play in a dome.
Anyone hear anything about how Ivan will effect the SF@NO game, ie: when and will it be played?
I heard that the Saints won't come back until Friday. They moved practice to somewhere in Texas for now.
New Orleans might look like Venice by the time it's over. Do you think this will be a distraction for players who have families and homes in town?
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:03 am

I heard the Superdome was being used as a temporary shelter from the hurricane on The Weather Channel. I don't believe it's going to effect the game though.

I also have heard that NO may be submerged after this sucker goes through. I hope that doesn't happen. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:39 am

Fanball had something about this in their newsletter:

Saints: Ivan forces a move to San Antonio

The News
Due to the threat of Hurricane Ivan, the Saints flew to San Antonio, Texas on Tuesday and will not return to New Orleans until Friday. The team will practice at Alamo Stadium for the remainder of the week. They are scheduled to play the 49ers in New Orleans on Sunday. The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Saints' officials feel that rescheduling the game is not an option, because the teams have conflicting bye weeks. Saints' officials have also said that they are not interested in moving the game to a neutral site.

Our View
This could be a major distraction to the players this week. Not only were they forced to leave town on short notice, but they'll also be concerned with how their families and homes might be affected by the storm. If the weather is severe enough, the league might step in and force the Saints to postpone the game or to play it elsewhere.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:16 am

It just grazed New Orleans, but it nailed Alabama. I don't think it will be a problem.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joester » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:33 am

just got back from evactuation. NO did get some minimal wind and rain from the storm, but not as bad as expected. Ivan turned NE at the last minute like expected. We were very fortunate because if it would of hit NO, there would be like 20-30 feet of water (NO is a big bowl below sea level) everywhere.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:33 am

-- 49ers-Saints Game Could be Moved or Postponed --
Thu Sep 16, 2004

The Mercury News reports the scheduled 49ers-Saints game for Sunday in New Orleans may be moved. Hurricane Ivan is expected to drop flooding rains and damaging winds on the city of New Orleans, which may force the game to be postponed or moved to another location, such as Houston or San Antonio. Michael Signora, a spokesman for the NFC, said Wednesday that the league is monitoring the situation but was holding off on a decision, in part because the weather appears as if it will clear starting Friday. Houston is a possibility because the Texans play a road game against the Detroit Lions.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DINO » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:34 am

So I can use my survivor pick on NO this week right?
DINO
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:34 am

our alabama office is closed today...what a bunch of pansies. It is just rain. Our office stays open when it snows.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joester » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:43 am

I doubt the game will be moved. There is little flooding.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby i_am_the_one » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:20 pm

Here in Alabama we are seeing wide scale flooding. With high winds and flooding trees are popping killing power even in north alabama. The game to be concerned with is Tennessee as well. That field could be a mess come Sunday! IVAN is currently tracking up I-65 which the Titans Stadium is right by in Nashville.
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk