Lamar Gordon owners: What have you been offered for him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lamar Gordon owners: What have you been offered for him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MickDaddy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:38 am

I'm waiting for Gordon to have a good game or two. Then I'll put him on the block.
MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 am

Does anybody see Gordon doing anything in the future? I have him in a Dynasty League that starts 3 flex positions. He is like my 4th rb right now, so I can sit tight and hold on to him for a long time.

Does Gordon have the talent to be the Dolphins rb for the future? or do they look to the draft next year, cause they are gonna have a top 5 pick??

Man, I hope Wanny gets canned this year, he sucks!! They have to get their OL improved as well.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:12 pm

i offered him to a guy that lost davis for 2-5 weeks today. he decided to pick emmitt up off of waivers.

Funny, since that is who i dropped to pick up Gordon.

After a big week by Gordon (hopefully) against Cincy this week, and if/when NE shuts down Emmitt..maybe we will have more discussions.

He is always a slow decider.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hammerwx » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:33 pm

Give it a couple weeks & you will be getting plenty of offers. Esp in a 12 or 14 team league. Still a few RB's out there in 10 team leagues. Most owners won't pay much for potential, they will have to see some numbers b4 putting up much.

If RB's continue to go down at the rate of 2-3 a week (Bennett, Alexander, S. Davis), you will be able to name your price.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby a4ce » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:25 pm

I picked him up to use as trade bait. I hope that he starts having some good games. So far nobody has expressed interests. If not, I'll keep him for my RB3 or 4.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby sammyfan711 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:46 pm

I tried to get Jimmy Smith for Lamar but his owner refused. He offered Warrick which I declined.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Freebird27 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:52 pm

Gordon has got some skills..he's got quick feet..good speed and nice size for a RB (6'1 230). While the Fins line is average on its best day, Gordon is still a starting RB and should get all the goal line carries and post decent yardage numbers...

I am a Cowboy fan and an Emmitt honk, but there is no way I take Emmitt over Gordon

Gordon will put up good numbers this week against Cinci shaky run D
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:56 pm

freebird27 wrote:Gordon has got some skills..he's got quick feet..good speed and nice size for a RB (6'1 230). While the Fins line is average on its best day, Gordon is still a starting RB and should get all the goal line carries and post decent yardage numbers...

I am a Cowboy fan and an Emmitt honk, but there is no way I take Emmitt over Gordon

Gordon will put up good numbers this week against Cinci shaky run D

Essentially what I would say. From what I have seen from Gordon, I can say that he has a lot of talent and could eventually make a decent #2 this year. My only concern is his durability, and if that offense will hold him back.

As far as 2005, I would say that most signs are pointing to Edge as the back of the future in Miami.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk