A-Train - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A-Train

Moderator: Football Moderators

A-Train

Postby efarra » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:30 am

I am considering a trade in my fantasy football league. Two receivers (Jimmy Smith and Eric Moulds) for RB (Anthony Thomas).

Our point system is based on 6 points for TDs and 1pt for every 10 yds rushing/receiving.

The biggest question for me is if Anthony Thomas will progress as a running back in his 2nd yr. I would be giving up two quality receivers for this RB--but that doesn't worry too much because i have depth at receiver.

What do you guys think in terms of value?
efarra
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:51 pm

Those are two REALLY good receivers. Unless your absolutely stacked at WR, I wouldn't do it. A-Train in an unproven commodity. A lot of backs in the NFL have had one 1,000 yard season.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby gridiron goddess » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:59 pm

I agree with trentvaughn. My initial thought is that I wouldn't trade two top tier WR's for one top tier RB. If you can make a one-for-one trade and really need the RB then do it. The question is: How many RB's are you allowed to play and who else do you have at RB and WR?

Bottom line: if you are stacked at WR and really don't have a good RB, then do it. But if you are looking pretty good at both WR and RB, don't make the trade.

Good luck!
gridiron goddess

Friendliness: %

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:13 pm

theres no way you should make that trade for the simple fact that you are giving up 2 starters for one young RB. granted a-train is good your giving up two 1000 yd WR for one 1000 yd RB the point swing in this case is too great. i seriously doubt that your trading away your #1 and #2 WR or at least i hope not, so that said you must have great depth at WR so keep that for the points or if your in dire need of a RB trade one of those player with another lesser player to upgrade in what would be a smaller deal because a-trains not proven enough yet to give up that much talent
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:38 pm

As much as I like Thomas, if you make that trade, you are a f00l...
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bubba08 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:46 pm

Why don't you try trading one receiver for someone like Travis Henry. You'd benefit more from a trade like that I think.
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:14 pm

You may not want to give up 2 proven veteran WR's for a 2nd year RB.Unless you are stacked and got 3 good options at WR after that trade,I just wouldn't do it.You may want to try trading away one of your backs and one wide receiver for a solid RB.Or looking on the FA market to see who's available.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk