Moderator: Football Moderators

Starter advice

Postby Petey » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:08 am

Ok, I want to get some opinions on starters at Qb & Rb:

QB-S. Matthews vs Philly or
QB-J. Fiedler vs Indy

RB#2-D. Staley vs Wash or
RB#2-W. Dunn vs Chi

Let me know what you think and the reasoning behind it. I'm leaning towards Matthews and Staley. They started for me last week and I won, so I thought I'd ride Matthews until he stumbles and hope that Staley gets more action this week.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joemomma » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:24 am

I like Fiedler this week, he lit up the Colts last season. Something like 5 TD's or so if I remember correctly.

Matthews scares me a little, could be a flash in the pan. Saw a lot of Matthews when he was with the Bears. He has his good games and his bad games. Can he keep it going??

Also, go with Staley. you should be good with him.

Chicago has a pretty stout D, Dunn may have some struggles gaining a lot of yards.
joemomma
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Petey » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:30 am

It couldn't have been 5 td's. His career high was 3 vs. Det last week. Did he maybe have rushing TD's that game?
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:33 am

i agree you should definately start fiedler he looked very sharp week one and with ricky it should help open a few lanes for WRs

as for staley vs dunn i really dont like either one but id choose staley because hell at least catch more passes. they both play rough defenses but chicagos is better and dunn cant take a beating as well
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:24 pm

Once again, kashikis and I agree. Fiedler has thrown for 3 TDs three times in his career, twice last year and in the first game this year. He should light up Indy's secondary.

On the other hand, at RB I would say Dunn. He looked like an actual, grown-up running back in that game against Green Bay. The Bears defense is hurt, and I think he'll have a nice day against them.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk