seattle D vs Cleveland D - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

seattle D vs Cleveland D

Moderator: Football Moderators

seattle D vs Cleveland D

Postby tmandpimp » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:52 pm

both did extreamly well, especially seattle away, but who do you think will show up again this week
seattle at tampa
cleveland at dallas
tmandpimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Halcyon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:54 pm

With those strong matchups, I'd have to say both will probably show up this week, but I like Cleveland more in the long term.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:30 pm

I would go with Cleveland. As I said last week, their D is really underated and will have a pretty good year
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:29 pm

"Who should I start" threads dont belong in this forum.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:37 pm

I got Cleveleland as my backup in dynasty and I was very surprised with their performance last week. Heck, i can only name 2 players on their D anyways :-) . I see Seattle bieng better in the long run, but they lost Tongue and their Linebackers are all injury plagued, so I'd go with Cleveland for now.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Wrong Forum

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:42 pm

God Loves you Aww, even if most people don't. I remember when you first jumped in my *ss for "wrong forum" last year. Keep up the great observation

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Wrong Forum

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:55 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:God Loves you Aww, even if most people don't. I remember when you first jumped in my *ss for "wrong forum" last year. Keep up the great observation

Well now you are jumping on his ass when he is only trying to stop forums from being cluttered and having this place in a mess. Tmandpimp is not new, and I don't think its too hard to figure out in most cases where a thread should go, but regardless....

It would be a very bad decision to take Cleveland over Seattle, now and in the future.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tmandpimp » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:09 am

let me say this and put it to rest.. i think that all the good fantasy football people talk about things in THIS forum...for that reason i worded the question on purpose to not make it sound who to start. hell i dont even have clev's D, however, if all the newbies (and i dont mean that literally) wouldn't be the only one to post in those then i wouldnt put it here.
p.s. i post things all the time the other forums and rarely get any intellectual response....like i said this isnt to say that vets dont go into those but unless you are a nice person, why would you go into WHO TO START AND WHO TO SIT if you knew ;-D

i dont mind the bashing when i put this in here cause all the people whos opinion i value go to look at things in here
tmandpimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Halcyon » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:34 am

That's a good point. It probably diverges from the point of this thread, but most knowledgeable people probably aren't frequenting the "Who to start, who to sit" forum. I know I'm not, and I'm not that knowledgeable. :*)

It doesn't seem like a very good forum because the people capable of answering the questions don't go there. Now, if it were merged with this one...

but I digress. :-)
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:10 am

Halcyon wrote:That's a good point. It probably diverges from the point of this thread, but most knowledgeable people probably aren't frequenting the "Who to start, who to sit" forum. I know I'm not, and I'm not that knowledgeable. :*)

It doesn't seem like a very good forum because the people capable of answering the questions don't go there. Now, if it were merged with this one...

but I digress. :-)

Unfortunately, the regression has begun. :-/ Sorry to keep it going...

The reason I don't go to Who to Start/Sit or the Trade forum a lot anymore is because too many people post those type of questions in FF Talk! This turns me off to going to the other forums to help out...I have no problem helping people with their questions, but many times the questions are answered by the first poster. I don't feel like saying the exact same thing unless I can add more backing to the answer.

I also understand why a lot of people ask their questions in this forum. It is the most highly populated forum, so the chances for response are greater. But, posting these type of questions here generally angers the people who have been here for a while and makes them wary of actually going and answering questions in the proper place.

I went through the same problem last year when I was a "newbie" to this site. I appreciated whatever responses I could get in that forum (although I did do a decent amount of bumping). But, I still didn't go posting my start/sit questions in FF Talk! That's not what this forum is for.

The reason the forums were split up in the first place was because this forum was getting so filled with start/bench and trade questions that you couldn't see any fantasy news - the good player posts went off the front page in minutes! :-[

I have mentioned it before, but I personally feel this forum should be renamed to something like "Fantasy Football Player News and Strategy." Hopefully this type of name would discourage people from just seeing this as a general forum where you may think any question could be asked.

I apologize again for hijacking the question, but I've been wanting to say that for a long time. :-°
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Onto the question - Until Cleveland consistently shuts down opponents that have viable rushing and receiving threats, I wouldn't think about starting them. Seattle is the way to go for now.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk