When to say when - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

When to say when

Moderator: Football Moderators

When to say when

Postby Diablo13 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 pm

I have heard chat in other forums about the amount of leagues others have or participate in.
I am a single dad of 2, full time job, and full time MBA student. Yet, I currently have four teams...LOL!

So how much is too much.....

How many do you have or have had in the past at any one given time.

It seems like, when you have one or two good teams, you can dedicate more time contemplating trades or studying WW moves and debating who to start based on schedules....
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:37 pm

well I have 5 teams and its not too bad yet. but it is only week 2.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:47 pm

I just got done with my fourth year of fantasy football and every year I add at least one more league... so I'm in six leagues this year.

Six leagues is definitely too many for The 'Cuna. Even last year with four leagues, fantasy football seemed to become a chore for good 'ol 'Cuna - there just comes a point when you're cheering for so many different players, it takes the enjoyment out of just watching the game (jumping onto the internet during each commercial break to see how Peerless Price is doing isn't something I look forward to). I'll stick around in my two keeper leagues and I might want to join up in an auction dynasty league next year or something... but three (preferably two) is my max after this year, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Flockers » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:34 pm

I'm pretty much set with three. Not too much, not too little.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby tman570 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:58 pm

I stick with one money league :-)
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:28 am

I went overboard one year and was in 7. Then I asked myself why the hell would I ever join a yahoo public league with people that I don't know?

Now I stick to my money keeper league and 3 or so other leagues that are either for money or with people that I know. You have to care about the league for it to be fun.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:10 am

i have 3 leagues that i care about and one that im helping to teach some rookies in that i really could care less what my team looks like.

I think 3 is about the right number for me, but i do have several overlapping players which i like. If i didnt have the overlaps, i think I would only want to have 2 teams as said before it becomes less fun when it seems like you have every player on every team playing for you. You need to have some loyalties, and thats why keeper leagues are the most fun IMO, people you know you will be rooting for certain guys for several years.

And of course, the $$$ league is the most important
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:16 am

3 - 1 money league, 1 keeper, 1 bragging rights. Really at the end of the day only the money league matters ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk