Worth of Tiki : WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worth of Tiki : WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worth of Tiki : WR?

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:12 pm

throw out some names of WRs that are approximate to the value of tiki barber. please.

can you compare points from a RB to the points from a WR? is there an exchange rate? 15 points from a WR is great, but from a RB is just good...right?

i have tiki. i don't need him. i see him putting up 10-12 points per week. i need a receiver.

what about k-rob? how about moulds? no? too high? too low? joe horn? oh, too high...ok, start it up.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:15 pm

id say your close with those guys....

Moulds, Horn, Coles, Chambers, Jimmy Smith, K Rob, etc.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:44 pm

you need barber as your backup, I don't think you can afford to trade him for a wr.
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:04 pm

thanks for the advice, skibrett, and for the input, gmoney.

all the same, i'm interested to hear his worth. i've fielded four requests for him, and would like to get some bearings on how to reply.

this is not a line-up question, but more of an abstract probe into the translation of the RB's numbers to WR's numbers.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:18 pm

I wouldn't trade him at this point. It's always good to have one sure fire full time starter as your 3rd back. With only foster and duckett left, you are in bad shape if henry or C-mart gets hurt.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby pibb55 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:32 pm

I can see L. Gordon having a big game this week, if he does you can ship him out for a nice WR, and still have Tiki for backup
pibb55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ben_ffc » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:04 am

you guys have gone above and beyond the call of duty, but what i would still like to hear more of is the basic question:

which receivers are tiki's fantasy equals?

that's where i really need more input. but for the record, thanks for the insights...it's just that they put my topic at risk of being moved! and this isn't a trade/rate-my-team question. mods, please don't move my topic.

this discussion has run rampant between my fantasy-playing friends and me, and i'm just looking for some more insight. thanks.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Duff Man » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:53 am

This early in the season I think comparing draft position is a good barometer for trade value, so what WRs were drafted in the same vicinity as Tiki?

In addition to the names already thrown out I'd add Burress, Walker, Porter, Rod Smith, Keyshawn . . .however, Tiki probably slipped in my draft, as he probably did in most drafts b/c of all the Ron Dayne hype. I think Tiki should get bumped up a little after the numbers he put up last week. I'd try to hold out for someone like Moulds or Horn. I'm actually pretty high on Tiki, he's still in his prime and is probably the best offensive weapon they have on that team.
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:54 am

Tiki had 9 carries last week. He broke one late in garbage time against PHI's 2nd string. Ron Dayne saw more action than Tiki.

I cant believe how high people are rating him. At this point, if I had Tiki - which I dont because I knew he would have a pretty pathetic yr - but if I did, I would probably give him up for any true starting fantasy WR. KRob, Moulds, Horn?!?!? Thats simply ridiculous to me, but if thats the type of offers you are getting from him, then jump all over them. Honestly, I cant see a situation where I would actually offer a trade for Tiki. :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Duff Man » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:20 am

I think Tiki is as solid as they come for a RB2, if you score 10yd/pt for rushing and receiving he's a virtual lock to average around 10 points a game. That's about what he averaged last year, which was better than the following WRs: Owens, Jackson, Coles, Horn, Chambers . . . not that you can necessarily expect to get one of those guys, at this point I still think it depends on what WRs were drafted near him.

However, the ONLY reason to believe that Tiki will drop off from his yardage production the last few years is if you believe Dayne will continue to get the majority of the carries. I - for one - do not believe that will that happen. I watched the game, and while Dayne did look nice on that one TD play where he pushed past the defensive back, Tiki displayed far superior rushing (and receiving) skills. All Dayne can do is run straight ahead, whereas Tiki can side step tackles and make other moves that Dayne can't. Tiki will get the bulk of the carries and even though Dayne will likely be the goal line back Tiki should still get more than the 2 TDs he finished with last year. Plus, by not being placed in a workhorse role Tiki should have even more burst when he does get carries and will be that much mroe dangerous. I just don't see how the Giants can afford to leave Tiki off the field.

You might have to hold Tiki and wait for him to prove himself i the people in your league are on the anti-Tiki bandwagon though . . .
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk