Worth of Tiki : WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worth of Tiki : WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:23 am

Gotta agree with CBM. In a vacuum, it might be easy to hold Tiki up and say "I've got a top 20 RB here, he should be worth a Moulds." But the reality is that you'll be hard pressed finding anybody willing to give that kind of value in trade right now.

As a frame of reference, Tiki was actually dropped in one of my 10 team leagues this morning (for Foster). While I think this player made a mistake, still, I have number one pri and am seriously considering passing.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:30 am

Cornbread is right on with this one.

Garbage TD, and a screen pass was huge for him that was it. It was all in garbage time...which may be often with how bad they are, but one week does not make him a stud.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Duff Man » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:53 am

Look at his career numbers, noone thinks he's a stud based on one game. If you think he's due to drop off from his career numbers this year, please explain why. I assume the answer will be Ron Dayne, not a lack of skill on Tiki's part, in which case we'll just have to wait and see but I know I'm not believing the Ron Dayne hype.

P.S. Even without that huge TD run (which Philly was still playing defense against) he still would have finished with 125 combined yards. Do you think he'll get fewer looks or something then he did in that game? I think he'll probably get more . . .
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:03 am

McCareins.

Looking at your roster I don't know if I'd trade an RB. On that note, Tiki had his best game of the year Sunday, his best days are behind him.

By the way, if rumor is true your team just got a lot better, Davis is hurt, Foster is in at RB
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Duff Man » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:04 pm

I just had to dredge this thread up and say HA! Told ya so! If you didn't wind up finding an owner willing to give up a top tier WR for Tiki, their loss is your gain!

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I cant believe how high people are rating him. At this point, if I had Tiki - which I dont because I knew he would have a pretty pathetic yr - but if I did, I would probably give him up for any true starting fantasy WR. KRob, Moulds, Horn?!?!? Thats simply ridiculous to me, but if thats the type of offers you are getting from him, then jump all over them. Honestly, I cant see a situation where I would actually offer a trade for Tiki. :-t

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby warrick95 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:11 pm

I also find it funny that K-Rob was even being compared to Horn. K-Rob's like top-30 right now at best. His potential may pull him up to top-20 at best, but Horn's been legit top-5 this year.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Previous

Return to Football Talk