NFL Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri May 23, 2003 4:03 am

From PFW:

Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt on S Sammy Knight, whom Miami signed on Tuesday: “You can coach guys sometimes until you're blue in the face, and they can be in the right spot, but they never seem to make the play. That's God-given, and Sammy is one of those guys over his career who has found a way to make the plays.”

Knight on the prospect having to face RB Ricky Williams in practice: “Ricky runs 50 to 70 yards every play. If I'm chasing him, I'll probably be playing cornerback by the time I'm done, I'll lose so much weight.”

Broncos CB and assistant DB coach Jimmy Spencer on potentially having to practice and attend coaches’ meetings during the season: “I don't even want to think about it, not right now. It's a lot of long hours, but if you want to be the best, you've got to put in the appropriate time. I knew that coming in, and it's something I want to do.”

Ravens ORT Orlando Brown on why he decided to come back to Baltimore after an injury-shortened stint in Cleveland: “Everybody wanted me, but I came here because my kids are here, my mother is here. I know the Ravens, they know me. When I was in Cleveland, they called me crazy because of the way I practiced. I was taught to practice hard, play hard.”

Ravens LB Peter Boulware on Brown, who’s nicknamed "Zeus": “He's one of the strongest guys you'll ever play against. His technique is straight intimidation. He's going to block you to the ground every time and try to punish you. That's just the way it is. There's no mercy, no grace with him.”

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue on why playoff expansion never came to a vote at the league’s latest owners meeting: “The conclusion was we need to get more information as to the won-lost records with the eight divisions and the new schedule formula. There is no urgency to try to fix something that is not broken and also is the best in pro sports."

New Rams FS Jason Sehorn, who once called the Rams’ offense “impatient” — and was then derided by Rams head coach Mike Martz, who said the Rams would like to play against Sehorn “every day of the week” — on going to lunch with Martz on his free-agent visit to St. Louis: “We sat down and there was just a bit of uneasiness. Then he just came right out and said, ‘You know what, basically what you did is you attacked my offense and I had to attack back.' I was OK with that."

Cowboys RB Troy Hambrick on his mother’s cooking — one of the reasons he came back to Dallas at 260 pounds: “Collard greens, rice, ham hocks — you name it, she's making it.”

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells on Hambrick, who is likely to start if he can get his weight down to 240 pounds by training camp: “His opportunity is here. He has to recognize and appreciate it and take it for what it is, because the circus doesn't stay in town forever.”

Cowboys S Darren Woodson on late teammate Ennis Haywood, who died on May 11: “If you knew Ennis, you knew his heart. ... He was a friend, he was my family, he was my little brother.”

Iowa State head coach Dan McCarney on Haywood, one of the best running backs in school history: “He was the first one to go to work, and the last one to leave.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri May 23, 2003 8:55 am

Good article GP ;-D

One question though...

Why do you have the Seattle Seahawks cheerleaders pic in your sig ?

:-o :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri May 23, 2003 9:02 am

Homeless wrote:Why do you have the Seattle Seahawks cheerleaders pic in your sig ?

That's funny Homey being that the 'Hawks cheerleaders are 2nd rate but I dare you to call any of those guys a cheerleader to his face.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Fri May 23, 2003 9:12 am

Hehe, im funny not stoopid ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Slingblade » Fri May 23, 2003 9:37 am

Homeless wrote:Good article GP ;-D

One question though...

lol...good one homey
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri May 23, 2003 9:49 am

how to say in english........................

Priceless homey ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Roseman » Fri May 23, 2003 7:49 pm

Homeless wrote:Good article GP ;-D

One question though...

that is f@#$in beautiful Homey you have had a few good one but that one takes the cake!!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Nero » Sat May 24, 2003 5:50 am

nice find GP ;-D
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk