some timbits..er tidbits eh!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

some timbits..er tidbits eh!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

some timbits..er tidbits eh!!

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri May 23, 2003 7:52 am

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that offensive coordinator John Shoop says Anthony Thomas will be his starter at running back, but that Adrian Peterson is going to have an opportunity to carry the ball more. If Peterson performs well, he could become the starter. Thomas, who rushed for over 1,100 yards two seasons ago, was sidelined for the remaining four games of last season with a finger injury. There are some questions as to whether he is an elite running back.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the informal battle for the starting quarterback slot begins at QB school on Wednesday. Tim Couch and Kelly Holcomb will be evaluated by Butch Davis and his staff as the team tries to solidify the spot

The Detroit News reports that fourth-round draft pick Artose Pinner will eventually battle James Stewart for the starting halfback position. Pinner is currently recovering from a broken ankle

The Kansas City Star reports that Larry Johnson will not get first-team repetitions during the Chiefs' minicamp this weekend. Derrick Blaylock is slated to start with the first team as Priest Holmes recovers from a hip

The Sacramento Bee reports that former Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam's two-day workout with the 49ers was impressive enough that the team is interested in bringing him to training camp. A decision will be made on Monday by coach Terry Donuhue

the last one I wonder about......is this happening to release Hearst...we've all heard they won't,,,,while some "experts" say its likely.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Re: some timbits..er tidbits eh!!

Postby DUKE » Fri May 23, 2003 8:41 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:The Detroit News reports that fourth-round draft pick Artose Pinner will eventually battle James Stewart for the starting halfback position. Pinner is currently recovering from a broken ankle

this surprises me that Blunt....I mean Pinner will compete for the starting job over Stewart. Didn't they get Shawn Bryson this off-season? I would think he would get a shot too if Pinner does.

The Sacramento Bee reports that former Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam's two-day workout with the 49ers was impressive enough that the team is interested in bringing him to training camp. A decision will be made on Monday by coach Terry Donuhue

Rashaan Salaam? I haven't heard that name in a while. Has he been playing anywhere in another league or something? Why not work out Ki Jana Carter while your at it if you're going that route.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri May 23, 2003 8:48 am

DUKE wrote:this surprises me that Blunt....I mean Pinner will compete for the starting job

Thats too witty...........LOL
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Homeless » Fri May 23, 2003 8:51 am

Bleh, its just incentives to make these guys do their job. I dont see A train pulling it off though.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Slingblade » Fri May 23, 2003 9:39 am

DUKE wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:The Detroit News reports that fourth-round draft pick Artose Pinner will eventually battle James Stewart for the starting halfback position. Pinner is currently recovering from a broken ankle

this surprises me that Blunt....I mean Pinner will compete for the starting job over Stewart. Didn't they get Shawn Bryson this off-season? I would think he would get a shot too if Pinner does.

Rashaan Salaam? I haven't heard that name in a while. Has he been playing anywhere in another league or something? Why not work out Ki Jana Carter while your at it if you're going that route.

i think bryson will end up starting mid-season...he has great potential to be a good back
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joester » Fri May 23, 2003 3:54 pm

I hope A-Train can return to his rookie form. He did have a few nagging injurys on his hands last season. Hopefully those are resolved and he makes a strong comeback
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nero » Fri May 23, 2003 5:22 pm

that's all you need to know...it's been 3 weeks now of good news on Peterson....

sleeper of the year..just picked him up in Jiac's Mock
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Roseman » Fri May 23, 2003 7:48 pm

A little competion is alway good especially for those guy that think they are untouchable if any thing it is a good way to keep guys motivated
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Return to Football Talk