Why is/has Eddie Geroge been a starter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is/has Eddie Geroge been a starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why is/has Eddie Geroge been a starter?

Postby loydchristmas » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:19 am

Are coaches blind or are they just playing him because he has ben around for a while and used to be good.

Everyone knew last year that C. Brown was better, yet Eddie started. Everyone knows Julius Jones is better and is an up and coming star. Yet Eddie is starting.

The guy hasnt broken a 40 yard run in like 4 years.

I dont get it.
loydchristmas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:22 am

Jerry Jones is in love Eddie for some damned reason. Eddie was forced down Parcelles throat, it wont last.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:33 am

I admire Eddie for his work ethic, but little else. He's waaaaay overrated and has no reason to be starting in Dallas. I agree, he won't last much longer. I'd start Rashard Lee before I started Eddie George. :-b

Seriously though, I think Eddie might actually be one of the only 10,000 yard rushers not to make the Hall of Fame. He's been horrible the last several years, despite having 1,000 yard seasons.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:39 am

He is a good worker but he just doesn't have it anymore. Julius Jones will be starting at the latest, week 7. Probably earlier.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:09 am

34=Sweetness wrote:He is a good worker but he just doesn't have it anymore. Julius Jones will be starting at the latest, week 7. Probably earlier.

I agree, probably earlier... week 5, after the bye. Jones is being taught a lesson by Parcells. Parcells is still pissed about Jones asking him to come out of a game. Apparently this is par for the course with Bill... if he likes you and thinks you have talent, he treats you like crap.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby King Titan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:37 am

Eddie can still be a Top 3 back ......

Just joking not even I would think that .... As far as the HOF it's borderline. In my opinion he would have to a 1000 yard season this year with Dallas going deep in the playoffs. I can see Dallas doing the playoff thing, but Ed doing the other thing - I don't know, it dosen't look good.
I am The Lizard King I can do ANYTHING!!

Jim Morrison was a Titan Fan ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby klgreen1973 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:48 pm

George is washed up. I like Eddie, but he will yield the way for Jones in the next few weeks. Jones needs to stop SMEELING his own a-- though. He should have got the message that Parcells is throwing his way by now. Jones will straighten his a-- out and start to produce some good numbers for the Boys....lord knows, they need it!!!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:53 pm

I think he belongs in the HOF, hes been incredibly durable and has over 10000 yards rushing, those are HOF numbers in my book.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:13 pm

And despite the ridiculous number of carries he gets each year, he has still yet to miss a game in his entire career. Even Emmitt couldn't pull that one off.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:19 pm

I think the biggest indicator that parcells is punishing jones is that he didnt even dress in week 1. thats brutal, youd think the guy would be in there over rashard lee. This is the reason I dont like parcells. he lets his emotions hurt the team. yes he is a great coach, but smetimes he doesnt handle guys too well.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk