Fable -> eh? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Fable -> eh?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fable -> eh?

Postby eftda_ffc » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:21 am

Got the game tuesday.. beat it thursday... and I was not impressed. I am playing it again and I'll do every quest but I beat 50% of the game in 13 hours... The game makers said it could take up to 100 hours to beat, but I am wondering who was playing for 100 hours. Anyone else playing Fable?
eftda_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:31 pm

The 'Cuna might go out and rent it today...

Edited to Add: 'Tis been rented since this was first posted.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Original_Geek » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:20 am

I'm about 6 hours into it now - so far I like the concept a lot. I just got my ass handed to me at the Arena - got through 2 rounds of Black Hand bandits and then get squished. Gotta go bust some Hobbe asses to level up. To me, the fun isn't getting to the end - the fun is all the quests in between the getting to the ends...I've just noticed that there are 2 people in love with me, but the game doesn't tell me which two - I hope it's chicks.

;-)
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Manja » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:13 am

The game makers said it could take up to 100 hours to beat, but I am wondering who was playing for 100 hours.

They're talking about everything. All the demon doors, all the chests, all the random crap (like the Sword of Hur, and the six treasure maps).

I've just noticed that there are 2 people in love with me, but the game doesn't tell me which two - I hope it's chicks.

Heh... One of my characters proposed to the guy teacher in Barrowstone while school was in session. All the little kids clapped.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:34 pm

I'm probably just a little past where Manja is - I've done a quest or two since the Arena (not saying exactly to avoid spoilers and whatnot). Anyway, so far I'm digging the game.

I'm playing as a good guy right now. My hair turned blond, there's a glow around me, and people (both girls and guys) fall in love with me just when I talk to 'em.

The music is definitely one of the best in-game soundtracks I've heard... 'tis pretty cool, methinks. The gameplay is nice too...

Just an initial impression thus far, but I think I'd probably buy this game when it goes down to $20 or $30 - I can see myself playing this a few times.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda_ffc » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:58 pm

its 35 at frys...

Yea the sound track is the best i've heard. I never played Final Fantasy so I never got to ehar those games. I would rate KOTOR above Fable, but only because I'm more of a star wars fan than the cursade era...
eftda_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:06 pm

Man I wish I had a X-box, this game look so awesome!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:41 pm

I'm probably just a little past where Manja is - I've done a quest or two since the Arena (not saying exactly to avoid spoilers and whatnot). Anyway, so far I'm digging the game.

I've finished all the quests and crap. Just trying to do all the other optional things.

I would rate KOTOR above Fable, but only because I'm more of a star wars fan than the cursade era...

The two are even in my book... But I'm digging the real time fighting in Fable more than KOTOR's turn-based... If it's turn based, it has to be like FF (haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure Grandia II's is very similar).
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:45 am

Manja wrote:

I've finished all the quests and crap. Just trying to do all the other optional things.

Whoops - meant Original Geek.

Anyway, NOW I'm around where Manja is. I just finished the game and my only real complaint is right when the plot started getting interesting, the game was over (I finished the main quest in just over seven hours). There's still a lot of other side quest stuff to accomplish though... Anyway, I'll be buying it later - I could see myself getting my money's worth out of it.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:44 pm

Any more updates on this? I want to get it... maybe. Or should I wait for a price drop? But I wants it... I have been wanting to slaughter villages for oh so long...

no way its better than KOTOR though. Nothing is.

By the way, at one time, I held the record on Tatooine's swoop race... after about doing it 20 times and not even beating the Gold time. Crown me "Prince Nerd"... or maybe "Jedi Nerd"...

Ok, maybe not that bad. But still...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Video Games