C. Wilson to Return Kicks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C. Wilson to Return Kicks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cunny » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:25 am

Pete,

There you go. Again, using an exception to refute the rule. My analysis doesn't work bc of one or two guys? I'll let you think about the flaws in your interpretation of my statement. Good grief, I wish some of you guys would sign up in a league w/ me next year. :-o
cunny
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JrcWy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:39 pm

Cedric is still going to be on the field as much as Lloyd, so I don't see how this has an impact. If Wilson gets open in the endzone, Rattay is not going to overlook him for the "number one" Lloyd simply because Wilson returns kicks.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Turnip » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:47 pm

#1 receiver is determined by looks, not who's returning kicks and who isn't.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm

yea i'm sorry, thanks for the post but I don't think lloyd is going to be the clear cut #1 there. The fact that wilson is returning kicks or punts doesn't really mean much to me. Perhaps lloyd dropped a couple punts or kickoffs or something, you just don't know. Lloyd may end up with slightly better numbers, but I don't think it will be like a Holt/Bruce situation last year.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:01 pm

cunny wrote:I don't know of a #1 returning kicks.

Kicks maybe not...punts, several - The Smiths (until last week) and Santana Moss all did punt returning.

I don't think it's a big deal either. They are just putting in the guy they think can do the best job in that capacity. However, it could bite them in the butt if something goes wrong (Sehorn style).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:38 pm

I think this is more a result of Arnaz Battle being overworked than anything else. Battle is on virtually every special teams unit on the field, and when they wanted him to come into the game as a WR last week, he was simply too tired. If the Niner's lost Battle it would be a devastating blow to their special teams and I think they want to limit him a little bit so they don't lose one of their top ST performers.

Wilson should get a slight bump in return yardage leagues, but it has yet to be seen who is going to emerge as the #1 WR in SF. Right now I think it's up for grabs between Wilson and Lloyd, watch the next couple of weeks closely and I think we'll know by then.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:03 pm

cunny wrote: Good grief, I wish some of you guys would sign up in a league w/ me next year. :-o

The feeling is mutual. Nobody is saying Cedrick is going to be great, but totally disregarding a receiver that got 11 looks, caught 7 passes and scored a touchdown last week simply because he is going to be returning punts is someone I'd like to have in my league.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk