Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:57 am

I heard Holmgren say Alexander must practice today or he's starting Morris. If anyone finds out if Alexander practices today please post it here. In the meantime, the Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... les17.html
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:53 am

I like this quote from the article:

In more than four years in the NFL, he has never missed a game. For a running back, that's an amazing statistic.

The article certainly makes it seem like he'll play but it's a lot of fluff more than anything. Here's to hoping Carpenter is correct. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JrcWy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:55 am

The news here in Washington is not so optimistic. I can confirm the reports that Holgrom will only play Alexander IF he can practice today. If his condition is this questionable now, I am worried about his production if he does play. Everything thing I'm hearing on the local news(Except the Times), points to him not playing a down this Sunday.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:09 pm

It sounds like he'll practice todau but it's sure looking like one of those dreaded "game time decisions".
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:16 pm

If you were Mike Holmgren - would you play him?

Of course I dont know half the pertinant facts that Holmgren knows, but from what I understand of the situation, I simply cant see where the benefit would be to start SA. SEA has a great opportunity to give their future RB a real start and see how he does without offending their current starter becuase he has a minor injury.

Its a win win situation for everyone for SA to sit. SA gets more time to heal, SEA gets a good look at Morris in real action.

I just cant imagine them playing SA - there is no reason to.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:44 pm

Yahoo is saying even if SA practiced today (I haven't heard one way or the other yet) it looks like he may not start, but the dreaded....split carries (sorry no link, I just really don't feel like going back to yahoo and getting it...but it's on yahoo...trust me). It's beginning to sound like even with the MoMo pickup neither one of them will be a sure thing fantasy-wise. I would assume if Seattle takes an early lead, assuming MoMo starts, he'll just play the whole game, but if it's close they could plug SA in, which, of course, equals one huge pile of crap for the people who own bo'fem. I'm keeping an eye out on the Seahawks message boards and I'll post if I see one way or the other, but it sounds like Holmgren's playing it tight lipped, probably to keep TB off guard as much as anything.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:If you were Mike Holmgren - would you play him?

Of course I dont know half the pertinant facts that Holmgren knows, but from what I understand of the situation, I simply cant see where the benefit would be to start SA. SEA has a great opportunity to give their future RB a real start and see how he does without offending their current starter becuase he has a minor injury.

Its a win win situation for everyone for SA to sit. SA gets more time to heal, SEA gets a good look at Morris in real action.

I think you are on the ball, CBM. If I were Seattle, I'd keep SA out until after their bye and then have him ready to rumble for mid-season. They spent a 2nd round pick on Morris (pretty high to just sit on the bench). They might as well see what he can do as "the man" for a few weeks. There has been trade/leaving talk with Alexander this year anyway. This is Holmgren's chance to see if the team could move on without Shaun.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:08 pm

They should sit him. He needs the rest.

I have Griffin as a backup, so SA will be on the bench regardless--can't risk the last-minute bench.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:11 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:If you were Mike Holmgren - would you play him?

Here's the thing though Corn...Screw giving Maurcie Morris a start. Seattle's trying to win now. Why on Earth would they sabotage themselves by sitting Alexander just to feed Maurice some game time? They need to put themselves in a position to have homefield advantage. If they can win on the road against a conference opponent, then that's one step closer.

The Seattle window to win is now. They're taking nothing for granted...if SA can go..he'll play. I guarentee it.

My guess, Holmgren will call SA a gametime decision and you'll see him start.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:29 pm

I don't see the need to start him or play him at all if he is not 100%. I know we are talking about a bruised knee. But lets not forget that Morris is no slouch. Morris should be starting for seattle next year (SA is in his last year along with a few others and might not be back next season)

I saw sit SA until after the bye week and see how good morris really is.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Next

Return to Football Talk